How will shipping help your side hustle?

Community Manager

Now that OfferUp offers Shipping, I'm curious to hear how this will help peoples side hustle! Personally, as someone that enjoys collecting rare items, I'm looking forward to seeing even more of those collectible items I love Smiley Happy

How will shipping impact your business? 

34 REPLIES 34
Level 9

What kind of rare items do you collect @Mj_206

Community Manager

I am a huge Star Wars fan and I’m trying to complete my Attakus Collection Statues of the main characters. Hopefully, there will be someone in the US selling the statues I still need Smiley Happy

Level 9

@Mj_206 I didnt realize the statues were rare,,,,,i thought you could get them on amazon,,,,,,,but ive never ever been into star wars,,,,,,,lol,,ive actualy never watched a star wars movie,,,,but i did go see it the original ,,,,,,,but,,,,,we still had drive-in theaters back then,,,,,i went but never watched the movie.,,,,,i was sixteen

Community Helper
For me @Mj_206 selling memorabilia means I can reach fans in other markets where I otherwise may not reach. I don't like taking on certain teams when I have trouble reaching their fan base.
Community Helper
It will allow my side hustle to slide further to each side of me! 😁
Level 1
This is a great idea, more customers and,more reach. EBay is now offering local pickup, so each side is teyung to be,more effective.
It all depends on the size, weight, and location where it is being shifted to. You can do shopping online for price quotes.
Level 1
I paint custom portraits of people and pets. Being able to ship instead of meeting my customers is such a relief. I live about 20 minutes from the main city, so it saves gas! In the past I was meeting or delivering my artworks personally... it was always a hustle. Glad offerup made shipping available!
Community Manager

That makes me so happy to hear, @ArtbyStayce!! Pet portraits are always a hit! Mine is on my desk at work Heart Cat Tongue