Lowballers & no shows& holds

Level 1
Experiencing the same thing. They say they're interested but never respond or don't show. It's a waste of my time. I can probably have better results having a garage sale.
OfferUp employee

@Ceaser To be fair, I do agree with everyone here, but it always depends on the person and the items that you are selling. How are their ratings?

Highlighted
. Smart girl always over price. Read the name of the app. Its a game to most. A haggling game. People wanna offer u a lower than what u listed it price so they feel like they r getting a deal. Please realize this and quit trying to list ur bottom dollar price. Ur never gonna succeed at this.

On holding items. NEVER EVER I REPEAT NEVER HOLD ANYTHING. That is a recipe to lose sales ... Every time. Period. Stop being so nice and be nicer to ur self and look out for ur self. If ur here to make friends and hang out ur on the wrong site. This is not a place to meet ur new bestie or future hubby. Its a business site and its pretty simple to figure out. Price ur items to haggle, ask the buyer if they r serious, be readt to be asked the stupidest of questions like.....is this item still available? Oh yea jacko I forgot to mark it sold but I left it up to tease the ignorant ppl who r looking to jerk me around by getting my hopes up w a decent offer that I accept and try to set a pick up location. REPORT AND BLOCK THESE PPL IMMEDIATELY!! They r not here to make the app successful. They r here BC they missed the memo about it being a business app. They came to tease u, make u think u can spend that extra money at the grocery store that week, or pay ur daughters school pta fees early , or spend it on whatever u need it for. They r here to make u miserable and should be blocked so they can get dropped from seeing ur offers.

I would not hold items for anyone for any reason at all, if they want it they will come and get it or they already know first come first serve. I will report jerks who don't answer me after they started the conversation in the first place. these r the worst ever and most annoying. Your making a mistake and making ur life harder by pricing things bottom dollar. If u start listening to what I've said then you will begin to get everything going in the right direction for u, but I can't do it for You. You have to make wise decisions for your own profile. What works for me may not work for you. Its harsh but its true and soetimes truth hurts. here is my brutal honesty.....some ppl r not cut out to sell things. they r not salesman. but its still fun, and free to try, so happy selling and good luck to all
OfferUp employee

@SuperSalesWoman Thanks for sharing your opinion!

Thanks I just started here and have already run into that problem. From now on I'm putting no hold no exceptions and a time limit on items.
Tell them you will hold it until the first Byer shows up. As far as lowballers go I low ball all the time. If I don't offer you enough then say no, and give me your best price.
Level 1
I agree I tell people no holds. I use to hold and then they end up canceling or not even bothering to messege!
Level 1
that would be nice to fine them for no shows!
Level 1
I hated to use price is firm button but honestly it works. I know I have bought items and thought about lowering offer but when it shows firm I think first do i want this item for that price and then helps me decide im willing to give that amount. so, im going to use firm button more often!
Level 1
lowballers, no shows or no response...I agree I block them so they will never waste my time again. we dont need customers like that and yes their page has a ton of overpriced items!