Motivating Books

Level 1

"You Are a Bad*ss: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life"
- Jen Sincero

This book is great. Captivating, witty, motivating - everything.

Community Manager

Oh my goodness, @Ashtonmuffin, that sounds amazing! I'll have to check that one out right away. I think a coworker of mine recently read that actually!

Welcome to the community, btw Smiley Happy

Level 1
Hello MJ_206,
Recently joined the forum. Just was curious who is the author of this book Invisible Influence? Also can you give a brief description of the book?
Thanks in advance
Tags (1)
Level 1
Also theres a book called 7 habits of highly effective people by Steven Coven. havent had a chance to read yet. couple friends recommended strongly so I thought it might be worth trying
Community Manager

Welcome to the community, @Jacob-T!

The author is Jonah Berger. The full title is actually Invisible Influences: The Hidden Forces that Shape Behavior. It helped open my mind to different perspectives and highlights how social influence shapes our lives. It might seem like an obvious "duh!" moment, but to me, that wasn't something I thought about much.

"In Invisible Influence, Jonah Berger integrates research and thinking from business, psychology, and social science to focus on the subtle, invisible influences behind our choices as individuals. By understanding how social influence works, we can decide when to resist and when to embrace it—and how we can use this knowledge to make better-informed decisions and exercise more control over our own behavior."

Another great one I recently read was "How to Reduce Workplace Conflict and Stress." One thing that really stuck with me in that book was that everyone experiences ~750,000 frustrations in their lifetime, or about 30 per day. These frustrations build on each other, and unless we have the proper coping skills to deal with these frustrations, they can boil over and make people explode over the smallest things. This book actually gave me some of those coping skills needed to de-escalate frustrating issues, and I definitely recommend it!

Community Helper

@KSARASARA

@cyclomatic
Very witty! 😁

😉
Community Helper
---Anthony Robbins---
Personal Power... 👍
He is an "Awesome" Motivational Speaker! 😊