Offer your services on OfferUp

SOLVED
Level 3
Who thinks Offer up should also have a section for offering various services. I think that this would be a great way to hire people for various services after looking at how satisfied others were with the performance they gave. So after each person whom used the specific service would be required to rate the service giving the service provider a good or bad rating will let others know if they are worth hiring. I am an independent legal assistant I have my own office where I perform my services of preparing legal documents for people that can't afford an Attorney. When I started out I'd meet people at local coffee shops ect. Now that I'm in business I hear tons of stories of people whom were scammed by adds of independent mobile paralegal services. Being able to know who your dealing with and to know they are who they say they are and can do what they say they can do will give people in the community a be tter sense of security and be more likely to use a service . What kinds of services do some of you offer tell me about them.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 9
I don’t offer a service myself but have hired people for services through here for things like handyman and car stuff.

As to OfferUp having a “services” section, I’m kinda on the fence because they would be competing sites like Thumbtack and TaskRabbit where people have done background checks and are verified. When I buy stuff I don’t mind if they person is a bit sketchy but if I’m to have someone at my house doing work I would rather play it safe. So if OfferUp has a service option I honestly can only see it going two ways, one is the Craigslist route where nothing is curated or the thumbtack route where they take a fee to be able to make sure service providers are competent and safe.

But who knows, maybe there’s a third route and OfferUp would be the first to prove that it can be free and worry-free at the same time.

Here’s my first suggestion, if there’s a service section, only members who are TruYou verified can offer services.

View solution in original post

80 REPLIES 80
Community Manager
Love love love this idea!

I don’t offer any services, but I’m always looking to support local individuals and think this could bring the community even closer together!!
Level 9
I don’t offer a service myself but have hired people for services through here for things like handyman and car stuff.

As to OfferUp having a “services” section, I’m kinda on the fence because they would be competing sites like Thumbtack and TaskRabbit where people have done background checks and are verified. When I buy stuff I don’t mind if they person is a bit sketchy but if I’m to have someone at my house doing work I would rather play it safe. So if OfferUp has a service option I honestly can only see it going two ways, one is the Craigslist route where nothing is curated or the thumbtack route where they take a fee to be able to make sure service providers are competent and safe.

But who knows, maybe there’s a third route and OfferUp would be the first to prove that it can be free and worry-free at the same time.

Here’s my first suggestion, if there’s a service section, only members who are TruYou verified can offer services.

View solution in original post

This is a great idea. I have a passion for boxing and I would love to have boxing classes to get the community healthier! Let me know how I can make this possible. Thank you.
Level 9

I think that a “services” section could be a convenient and useful service on OfferUp. With that said, the vetting of the “service providers” would be crucial in the success of the “services section”.  It must go way beyond a TruYou verification. Will the “service providers” be insured and bonded, background check, fingerprinting, etc.?

I have been working in this world watching as the people and business whom you and I trust to be honest fare take your money for services and the installation of products for your home and Jack them up so high you have to get a loan to pay for it when in all honesty
I think it's a great idea! Now what my business entitles is somewhat of a "service"! So hopefully this will help with my sales 😁
Personal Assistant if business owners are too stressed and need someone to be able to prioritize and make sure things are done at the right time so there lives are less stressed for both people. The personal assistant= getting paid to help and be proactive toward there business and are great at what they do and live for helping others. Which can be a good way to have a team working business that’s well managed.
Level 9

Hello @Lilhartly

Welcome to OfferUp. Take the time to navigate and find your way around the forums where you will find amazing and useful information. While in the forums be sure to join the conversations, ask questions, share, hand out a kudo or two (thumbs up), earn badges and enjoy.

What do you sell on OfferUp?

Level 3

love the personal assistant every business owner needs one for sure.

@Lilhartlywrote:
Personal Assistant if business owners are too stressed and need someone to be able to prioritize and make sure things are done at the right time so there lives are less stressed for both people. The personal assistant= getting paid to help and be proactive toward there business and are great at what they do and live for helping others. Which can be a good way to have a team working business that’s well managed.

Tags (2)