Offer your services on OfferUp

SOLVED
Level 9

Hello @Highhopes913 Thanks for sharing.

Warmest welcome to the forum! Smiley Happy

Please share your top 3 regulations/guidelines for services on offerup.

How would you vet services?

I Do offer HVAC (Heating, Airconditioning Services ) , and think it’s a great idea! Contact me
If there is any need of my services
Or if thier is need to help start this
Fourm on offer up!
Thank you Ace

Level 1
I totally agree with you. I personally wouldn’t want someone in my house who is sketchy and uncertified at the job I’m asking them to do.
Level 1
I would not rely on anyone who advertises their services for fear they would be as unreliable and dishonest as many, many of the sellers. OfferUp will soon charge for the use of this App.
Level 9

Hi @ABROOCHABLES and @Sumubabe88 Welcome to offerup forums ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,as i role my eyes about what the two of you think you know.

KC1
Level 5
I get it, the same thing happened to me, one of my service adds was taking off of offerup, I wanted to teach cooking from my home . My post was taking down, I felt so bad, I certainly didn't want to go against offerup rules and regulations. It would be nice just to be able to make extra money from our skills without all the hassle of the legal system, like being insured and bonded.
KC1
Level 5
I think that would be fantastic,
KC1
Level 5
Keep trying and just don't give up, pray and give thanks, you have remarkable talents, and services that people would be very interested in, but you need to be paid for your services that you provide, word of mouth is the best selling tool,
Level 9
@Jenjenthe10 Welcome to Community Forum leave comments and give somes Kudos earns somes badges. Agree with you tio much liability to cover. Are you buyer or seller? Have you check around this Community Forum, they have great info on everything you needs to start your online selling.
Level 1
My husband and I own a growing small family flooring sales and installation business. We work alot with Thumbtack (personally my favorite) and have worked with many other similiar "services". Let me just say this from personal experience on both pro and consumer sides. NO SERVICE covers all areas 100%. I dont care what they say. It is each individuals job to do their own homework before having/allowing strangers into their home. Have pro bring proof of insurances, bonding references ect. If they are a stand up truthful company, they won't mind a bit. I carry all that with me each time we meet with a potential new customer. It shouldn't be a difficult thing for the business to produce!# I would love to see a area such as this. It could be very beneficial for everyone involved. Small businesses can't afford to operate and offer good realistic prices when paying crazy prices like HOMEADVISOR charges for one lead -just a name. There are still trustworthy, honest , reliable, professional businesses out there and reachable. Both sides have responsibilities. Thank you , Jodi S & C Carpet