Pro VS. Con Become Small Business Owner?

SOLVED
Level 9
Hi @Apella, I'm sending you my personal invited to this disscussion. You had great tips on How to start a Small Business, be your own boss, on OfferUp can you come down here with us share your thought, ideas and recommendations PRO VS. CON Thank you in advance. Good luck and have blast selling on OfferUp app. Calling on @Mark4, @Hotrod, @Mj_206 I'm Invite yours too.
Community Helper
-As an Astute Author recently commented...
"We Are ALL Friends Here" @StevenY
Tyvm!
Level 9
This is Franchise VS. Employees topics Thank you for sharing @Dad_Tired your family franchise business. In case our members OC decided to going in to franchise business they will have some ideas to deal with problems raise from franchise business. Thank you @Dad_Tired kept on writing and gives out kudos, earn some badges along the way. Great stuffs.
Tags (1)
Level 9

Steveny we are NOT all friends here,,,,,,most of us are more ,,,,chat or forum aquantances,,,,,,,and this is not off topic,,,,,,,,,In business one needs to be friendly but one needs to be very selective and careful about being friends with customers or going into business with friends,,,,,,,,,,,i have repeat customers and clients in my business going back as much as 40 years and have done business with three generations of some  familys,,,,,,,,when we become friends with some people and socialize with people that are our customers and clients,,,,some of them try to take advantage and want you do do stuff for less money or sell them something cheaper,,,,,,,,we are friends ,give me a deal,,,,,,,,and if everyone is your friend,,,,well that can cause problems,,,,,,,,friendships can end over business dealings and business can fail because of friends,,,,,,,,,,its kind of a balancing act . The same kind of things happen in a lot when siblings go into business together or working for family.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I believe the word,,,,,, friend,,,,,,is used way to loosly now days

You're right! I've worked for JH & H&R...SMH!
Level 9
Thank you for share your business story @0317 That wisdom words of business advise being friends and selective friends come hand in hand. I do know a real friend will not take advantage of situation especially when you're business dealing with them. Those who claim to be friends will show their trueself when opportunity rise. As human nature we tend to be TLC. In business mindset somwtimes it best to cut loss and pull out to those whose use you to get what they want. True to self first "treat other as they treat you." I will reminber your words of advise @0317. Thank you for sharing with Our Community Forums.
Level 9
Hi @LaLa9, Welcome to Community Forum leave comments and give somes Kudos earns somes badges along the way. Do hangout check out our latest post. Do you have a experiences would lkie to share. Are you here for buying/selling? If you needs helps how to get start let me know @StevenY I try my best to assist your needs. You can direct a question to someone be sure to use tag# front of the username to get swift respond. Good luck and have blast buying/selling on OfferUp app.
Level 9

Hello @LaLa9

Warmest welcome to the forums.  Smiley Happy

Level 9
@StevenY thanks for the tag tho I never ran a small business myself so not too tidbits I can share. Now in my experience dealing with small businesses what I find makes them thrive is in the way they treat customers. It’s when they treat people like friends and family is when they have a good business. Tho to @0317 point doing so can be a bit tricky when it comes to how much you’d charge for services.
Level 9
@Mark4, Thanks your share tips. Glad you came on board.Thank you for all you're doing. Kept up the great works helping OC Forums out.