Running a successful business on OfferUp

OfferUp employee

@DaRemedy Hey, not negative at all! Completely legitimate question. Smiley Happy  Small businesses, second-hand stores, and dealerships are allowed to set up profiles on OfferUp. We ask them to follow the same community standards and posting rules as everyone else, so if there is ever anyone not following these standards, they'll be reported through the app and the team then takes appropriate action. 

As for you, make sure to read the posting rules and standards. Maybe something you were doing was being reported - did you find yourself duplicating posts at all? In any case, read through them and let me know if you have any other questions! 

Level 1
I am also using Offer Up as a side business . However , I’ve only had a few items sell and TONS of fake offers / Inquiries that turn out to be not serious . Any advice on why this is happening?

Most buyers on this type of platform are commenting on impulse. Then they don't want to stop what they are doing to follow through. Others are the type that will walk around a fill their shopping cart but when it's time to check out they put half of it back. Which is WHY I offer shipping, and paypal, as well. (just had a sale where they wanted it shipped to daughter as gift Smiley Happy ) I take away one less excuse 

Level 1
Love it, and that is great as many items are big and will not fit into a vehicle. Great thinking. I am in the winter garden area and I would love to meet vendors who have items I can sell on offer up and my own stores.
Level 1
Offer up plays an important part of my business success as big items is easy to sell locally. I also enjoyed picking up good deals from offer up to sell world wide on a ecommerce store.
I do car/boat seat upholstery and advertise here.
OfferUp employee

@SeatMan Awesome Smiley Happy I wish I owned a boat. I used to waterski with my dad! 

Me too @Elin I wasn't very good at it though, had a hard time getting my butt up! Now jet skiing was more my speed! 

I agree with your comment! Here I get emails that in basically starting my business on OfferUp, but pretty much every post I make gets deleted cause I am not abiding by your guidelines!! How am I suppose to "have a successful shop" when it's offerup that is deleting my posts??!!
OfferUp employee

@VegasBabyCakes I see lots of GORGEOUS posts up from you. Smiley Happy Are you still experiencing this issue? Make sure to read my note above about following posting rules so you're not accidentally violating our guidelines. Also, are those really only $1? Make sure you're not manipulating the prices so people message you.