Showing up on Google search!

SOLVED
Highlighted
Woop! Thank you Offerup! Kudos! My item that I posted last night showed up on Google search within about 15 minutes! People, be sure to leave detail titles and descriptions on your Offerup posts so Google will pick up your items in the search engine. I had almost 100 views within about 30 minutes of posting last night! This is a HUGE plus for selling your items! ❤
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

WOOHOO!! That's awesome, @BrightMoonstone!! Good call out on the detailed titles. We've really been boosting our SEO (search engine optimization) lately, so I'm sure you'll notice this happening more and more Smiley Happy

39 REPLIES 39
Community Manager

WOOHOO!! That's awesome, @BrightMoonstone!! Good call out on the detailed titles. We've really been boosting our SEO (search engine optimization) lately, so I'm sure you'll notice this happening more and more Smiley Happy

@Mj_206 I love this! Search engines are so important for sales and its hard to get on Google search so I was so happy when I searched to make sure I had my item at a fair price and "bam" there was my item showing up on Google at the top of the search! I was excited!! Yes titles and descriptions are super important to be picked up by search engines
Community Manager

So glad you see how beneficial this is, @BrightMoonstone! Our SEO team is loving this feedback Smiley Happy

Not only should this help with peer to peer sales, price checking like you just mentioned, but this should also be hugely helpful for shipping as well!

We're working on a ton of really awesome projects behind the scenes. I can't wait until I can share more details 😏!!

Its only showing in the image search at the top right now and that's good enough for me. Maybe it will show up the shopping search after a little while.
E3
Level 1
I had no idea that products will show on search. Thanks, good news.
I know fees are involved to show up in Google Shopping advertising query but will that be a option at some point? I guess we would also need to focus on "keywords" for search engine. Thank you again for working on the Google image searches! @Mj_206
Community Manager

OOoooOOOoohhHHH - great callout @BrightMoonstone! Will pass this on to our SEO team! Smiley Happy

Level 9
It has been showing in the "all" tab for weeks, not just images. I luckily have a few items as 3-4 in the results.
@RevivalGypsy good to hear! The only place I'm finding mine is in Google images so far but Ill check around more! 💜