Adds in my message column.

SOLVED
Level 5

OfferUp is now sending me adds to my message column, like the add is a person but not asking about what I’m selling but about what I just searched for and a link to Walmart. Can’t delete it or remove it. How do I turn that off? I come in and check my iPad and see I have someone asking me about my stuff just to see a add. Any helpful tips? Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 5

You are right. I just hit one again. LOL! Thank you for the info. It’s just the first time I saw it like this. Thank you again. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours.

8 REPLIES
Highlighted
Level 6
Not possible to turn off, ads like this keep the app free.
Level 5

I’m used to seeing them in the app but I never got one in my messages like a buyer. 

Level 5

The add was posting as a buyer.  The other adds come up all the time below my messages. 

Level 6
Yeah they're new, I get one ad there too.

I also think it should be at the bottom.

Mid message can make you hit it by mistake.
Level 5

You are right. I just hit one again. LOL! Thank you for the info. It’s just the first time I saw it like this. Thank you again. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours.

Level 4
@Jones68
I've gotten several of them too. It is frustrating that I can't seem to get rid of them unless I click on them. I'd rather be replying to actual OU users than rewarding the spam machine.
Can't these come with an X in the corner so the ad can be acknowledged without being opened?
Level 5

I don’t think it works that way. This is a free app. It has to make money too. So it’s adds. 

Level 5

Goblin said it best. Price we pay for the use of the app.