Bow and Arrow Post

Does anyone know why my post for selling my teenage son’s compound bow would be immediately removed for violating Offer Ups guidelines, when I see multiple listings for other people selling compound or recurve bows? This doesn’t make any sense!
8 REPLIES 8
Level 6

@Theroyal4 I see them posted all the time. @Mj_206 or @Hotrod should be able to answer your questions. I just did a search and see a lot of bows listed. 

Community Helper
@Theroyal4 Welcome to the OfferUp Community forum,

Theroyal4 yes they are against our OfferUp guidelines and not aloud to be posted, it’s one of the items on the dangerous items list under “Prohibited items guidelines” I understand your concerns people will always keep try to post things against our guidelines. Please if anyone sees this kind of behavior report it right away from ether the person’s profile page or from the items page. I’ve also added the posting rules below for review.

Posting Rules: https://ask.offerup.com/887969001
Level 6

@Hotrod Thanks for stepping in. But if you do a search there are ads from Dicks Sporting Goods, and Walmart for bows and compound bows. And about 10 others that are just members. I’m in Maryland, don’t know if you can see what I’m seeing. If you click the ads it takes you to Walmart or Dicks Sporting Goods. Doesn’t give you a choice to report anything, just takes you to there site. 

Level 6

@Hotrod I reported the 10 that showed up but the adds I couldn’t do anything with. Sorry. 

Community Helper
@Jones68 I usually report items violating guidelines on the OfferUp mobile app for about one hour and a half every day in my local area.
Highlighted
Level 6

@Hotrod You must have long days. Is there anything that can be done about the ads that offer the same thing? 

Community Helper
@Jones68 yes I do have long days for sure! and late evening as well. Lol The ads question would need to be probably answered by someone other than me. It’s definitely not within my wheel house sorry. At this point we are going of thread topic we should let it get back on thread topic moving forward. See you around the forums. Cheers!
Level 6

@Hotrod I can think of no one better for the job. I’m just wondering how Walmart got a ad posted on OfferUp. And it’s a compound bow. Do you think Mj would know? Just want to help when I can.