Bump it up option

Highlighted
Level 1

Hi, I am new here, first of all I cannot get the bump it up option.  Upon further review, bump it up is not like craigslist that you get to renew the item which bumps it up in searches.  Here is paid for advertisement, since offerup does not have have my credit card / payment information, the bump it up feature is not offered on my items.

I find it very misleading to receive an email to bump it up and waste time searching for non-existent feature that is not free, but has to be paid for.  No wonder this place is plagued with the same article for sale over and over again, making it difficult to really find anything to buy. Extensively Spammed.

So for all of you that are new like me and are looking for the bump it up option, it is not free, you have to pay and have your cc / payment info on file with the site....  :0(

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
Level 3
Hi I usually don't post on here but I thought I would respond because the bump it up feature is ridiculous. I just archive my posts and repost them three times a day for free. I see people "promoting" their items & paying for bumps when they're only asking 5 or $10 on their items they've already wasted more than that in the amount of money they spent on bumps!! I'm not really sure why they do that because they waste more money bumping than they even get out of the item so if I were you I would just archive the item a couple times a day and repost it it's free and simple. -k
Community Manager

While you may be able to unlist and make a new post, this isn't the recommended way. If you choose to do it this way, it's best to at least change the picture. Duplicate posts aren't permitted on OfferUp, and there is some automation in place to detect them, so using the same photo over and over will set off these triggers. If you notice your items are getting removed often after relisting them, this is why.

We have some blogs that go over Bump and Promote and how they can be beneficial. Do you have any ideas on improving the Bump feature? Personally, I'm a fan of Bump packages (buy 8, get 2 free for example) but want to hear your ideas!

Level 1

Yes, free bump it up option if duplicates being delited.

Level 3
Well I guess if OfferUp wants to be all about money and not helping its users and deleting our posts then I'll just find another site to go to easy as that....if users start noticing those kind of things most arnt going to want to post here. I post my items usually for under $10 I'm not going to pay a fee to sell it. I'll just go somewhere else.
OfferUp employee

@csamom1 Hey Smiley Happy Bump and Promote are completely optional and in no way shape or form do you have to use them to sell your items. There are SO many people who sell successfully - as long as they make sure to include high-res, multiple photos of their items, detailed descriptions as to what they are (this is your chance to really sell it!), and put their item in the correct category. 

Level 3
@Elin thank you I already knew all that I've been selling on here for a long time but I've just noticed lately that there's a lot of people paying an obscene amount of money for bumps and don't even really sell the item and if they do they don't make a profit. But again that's their problem not mine I was just pointing out the facts. As for responding to the other community manager I said all that because it's very irritating that she made it sound like we can't archive and repost. I've been doing that for over a year and I will continue to do that as I see fit!
Level 3
Fine with me ...I would love an ignore button so i don't see all the constant PROMOTED posts on here like a stupid turkey baster posted over and over again for $10 and bumped up for several weeks at a time!! nobody wants to buy that you can get one at the **bleep** Dollar Store. If someone wants to ignore my items please feel free I still sell a lot of my items for dirt cheap and eventually they sell even if I repost them for weeks! I have a method that seems to work better for me than most!
Level 9
@csamom1

Your post will only start getting flagged by a bot if you do it often, which may begin happening to you soon since you said you do it three times a day.

That's what Mj_206 meant with her post, she stated it was ill advised.

If anything she gave suggestions on how to avoid the bots.

While bumps / reposting is good, I think people generally search for what they're looking for specifically.

So just try to be as descriptive as possible and someone may want / need your item eventually.

The amount of users that post each day are given their chance to be on the main feed for a little while and that's okay I think.
Community Manager

@goblin wrote:
That's what Mj_206 meant with her post, she stated it was ill advised.

If anything she gave suggestions on how to avoid the bots.

Shhhh 🤫that was a secret! Smiley LOL Smiley Wink

Kidding, but yes - what I did was essentially give you a workaround. Just be sure to change up the picture Smiley Happy