Buyer Protection question

SOLVED
Level 3
I made a buyer's protection claim to return a non working item the day I received it. I got an automated email from offer up confirming my email was received. I Check the spam folder every time I Check my inbox to make sure I don't miss any emails. I know there are tons of people who contact offer up for support and that takes time to deal with so I'm not complaining, but if I'm not contacted within the 3 days that buyer protection covers what will happen?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 9

Welcome to the OfferUp Community @Maccc

Excellent question? I will tag  @Elin  our community manager and we will see how she advise you.

In the meantime, check out  this guide  it covers the ins and outs of using this Online Community.

Join in on conversation with comments or questions. Hand out a kudo or two, and earn badges.

Tip: To identify whom you are responding to put this @ in front of their username. Like I did with your username.

View solution in original post

38 REPLIES 38
Level 9

Welcome to the OfferUp Community @Maccc

Excellent question? I will tag  @Elin  our community manager and we will see how she advise you.

In the meantime, check out  this guide  it covers the ins and outs of using this Online Community.

Join in on conversation with comments or questions. Hand out a kudo or two, and earn badges.

Tip: To identify whom you are responding to put this @ in front of their username. Like I did with your username.

View solution in original post

Level 9

@Maccc

As long as you submitted the claim wihtin the 3 days, you are protected. However, it may take 5 biz days, so give it until 5/25.

Highlighted
Level 3
Thanks for the helpful information @Shupat
I will definitely look at the guide to make experiences in the community easier for myself and others.
Level 3
Thanks for the reply @Lapua
That gave me a great deal of comfort 😄
Level 9

You are welcome @Maccc  Smiley Happy

I appreciate your patience in this matter.

It may take a bit of time but I believe that you will get the resolve that you are looking for.

Do you have an update?

Talk soon--

Community Manager

Hey @Maccc! I just responded to your PM but wanted to update here as well!

I'll make sure your case gets answered by our Payments team ASAP Smiley Happy

Level 1
I bought some Gucci slides and before the buyer shipped the slides i asked if they where authentic and he said yes would i get my money back for incorrect item
Community Manager

Good question, @Jonniey1, and the short answer is yes. Keep in mind that the Buyer Protection claims only cover up to $500 on a transaction. If you are able to tell that the slides aren't authentic, you'll want to open a buyer protection claim.

Selling fake/replica items is not allowed on OfferUp, and isn't exactly a legal practice, and we typically require for counterfeit items sent through the Shipping feature to be sent to our HQ so we can properly dispose of them so they don't keep going around. 

Level 1
Would i reive my money after i send to the hq or how does it work