Buyer contacts me 2 months after sale claiming broken item

Highlighted
Level 1
I had a very interesting event happen tonight. I sold a laptop to a buyer 2+ months ago in person. Out of the blue today, she contacts me with a 200+ word schpeel about how I'm a terrible person for selling her a broken laptop and everything I said about it was false.

Literally never had this happen before. Is this something that happens to people often? I assume she was trying to guilt trip me into giving her a full refund, although she basically called me scum of the earth like 10 times. I just reported, blocked, and moved on since I know I sold a legitimate product.
3 REPLIES 3
Community Helper
@mang0 Welcome to the OfferUp Community forum,

mang0 from what you said the person had the laptop for 2+ months with no issues till now. It’s possibly the person could have damaged the item in question and decided to try and get a refund. It’s all sales are final! you did the right thing reporting and blocking.
Community Helper
I've never heard of someone wait 2 months to try to get a refund. Good on you reporting and blocking. Hopefully, Offerup will look into the persons account and take appropriate actions. I wonder if this person has tried this with other people.
Level 1
Yeah, whole thing just sounded like a huge guilt trip.... and I actually felt bad after I read it! (Of course I had to remind myself the laptop was fine when it left my hands). Normally I'm pretty lenient and might even go as far as telling her to bring it back to me and I can take a look at it to see what might be wrong... but she was way too rude for me to even consider that.