Buyer was a cop for mini snes

SOLVED
Highlighted
Level 2
So i have a mini snes up for sale and had a buyer who was interested and first he wanted to meet at a sheriff staion and then i told him to come to my house instead and when arrived it turned out to be a cop and came and his cop car to he also didnt buy the snes he was like let me ask my girl first i just wanted to make sure you had it and then he messaged me saying his girl found one already what do you guys think about this is all weird to me im so mad that he didnt buy and wasted my time and it was kinda embarrassing to just letting everyone know so they can be careful selling sealed items
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 1
To be honest it sounds like a sting they were hoping to catch drug dealers or thieves or something and you're a legit person and it kind of burst their big bubble thinking that they were going to bust somebody that's what it sounds like to me

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Level 1

First, please use periods and other punctutation so your post are easier to read.

Second, unless the item is stolen, you have nothing to worry about.  He could have been checking for a stolen one or maybe it is just like he said it was.

Third,  when selling anything, you are going to have people who do not buy.  At least he showed up, I have had people not show up at least a dozen times.  Just move on.  Someone will buy it,

Level 1
To be honest it sounds like a sting they were hoping to catch drug dealers or thieves or something and you're a legit person and it kind of burst their big bubble thinking that they were going to bust somebody that's what it sounds like to me

View solution in original post

Level 1
By all means do not take this wrong when I say it but, you sound like you're being very rude you're really abrupt in your remark back to the the individual that had the post and come off kind of rude. All he was doing was asking a question maybe he doesn't have as much knowledge as others in that area or that situation. Just seems you could have been a little more compassionate about the response instead of "matter of fact".
Interesting- One lady show up- came all the way to my location still ddnt buy- as if she was a spy...I do not like meting up- I prefer to ship... - should have direct bankwire for actual business..
Level 9
That’d be ebay...