Can’t Accept Offers

Level 1
Every time I try to accept offer with payment I get an error saying it’s been cancelled. I nor the buyer knows what’s going on. Can someone advise me. I have my return address entered and a card added.
6 REPLIES 6
Community Helper
@Jayeclarke Welcome to the OfferUp Community forum,

Jayeclarke Are you dealing with a high value item?, If so It could mean you or the seller needs to verify their phone number through the mobile app. It’s because of keeping both members safety when dealing in high value items., if so you will need to contact the OfferUp customer care, I’ll also tag @Mj_206 Community Manager do she’s aware of this issue. 😎🇬🇧🔚

OfferUp Customer care
https://offerup.com/support/new/
Level 1
It is high value I think ... like 475 dollars but the member is fully verified ... even has a blue badge.
Level 1
Community Manager

If it is auto-cancelling that quick, @Jayeclarke, it sounds like the buyer doesn't have the funds available. Transactions won't be cancelled that quick unless a- the seller chooses to cancel it, or b- it's been over 3 days and the offer wasn't accepted or shipped off. 

Level 1
It maybe funds because everything else is fine I’m communicating with them and they tried like 5 times back to back
Community Helper
@Jayeclarke just a heads up,
if you want someone to respond to you put this @ in front of their usernames like I did to your username above. Hope to see you around the forum. Jayeclarke maybe have them try a different credit card. 😎🇬🇧🔚