Can't Post Ads -- Error Message

SOLVED
Level 1

Help -- I keep getting the following message when I try to post ads:

"An error has occurred. If the error persists, please wait a while before trying again."

I've cleared the cache, restarted my phone, disconnected & reconnected to my wireless network & changed my location. Nothing works.

Has anyone had this error & resolved it?

(I'm using an HTC Android phone).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 1

Just wanted to post an update & additional details.

I contacted customer support, but before they responded to my ticket, I deleted the data in my Offer Up app (didn't really want to delete all the databut it was necessary). Then I  cleared the cache again. This allowed me to post ads. BUT... when I tried to edit one of my ads, I got the error again. I wanted to add the following to the headline: (1/4"-7/8"). After several failed attempts, I deleted the parentheses and one of the quotation/inch marks -- It worked. No clue why.
When customer support finally responded to my, I was told to update my Offer Up app. Since I'm now able to post, I haven't updated the app yet.

Hope this info is helpful to anyone who has a similar problem in the future.

Cheers!

15 REPLIES 15
Level 9
Is there a specific numerical error code apart from the text?
Level 1

No numerical code at all. Just the text, ""An error has occurred. If the error persists, please wait a while before trying again."

Level 9
Most likely an issue server side.

Give it a couple hours to a day, if it doesn't resolve by then contact support.
Community Manager

Hmm, if you've taken all those steps and made sure the app is updated, definitely reach out to our Customer Care team, @shannonphx

Level 1

I just contacted customer support. I'll post the solution as soon as they tell me how to resolve the problem.

Level 1

Just wanted to post an update & additional details.

I contacted customer support, but before they responded to my ticket, I deleted the data in my Offer Up app (didn't really want to delete all the databut it was necessary). Then I  cleared the cache again. This allowed me to post ads. BUT... when I tried to edit one of my ads, I got the error again. I wanted to add the following to the headline: (1/4"-7/8"). After several failed attempts, I deleted the parentheses and one of the quotation/inch marks -- It worked. No clue why.
When customer support finally responded to my, I was told to update my Offer Up app. Since I'm now able to post, I haven't updated the app yet.

Hope this info is helpful to anyone who has a similar problem in the future.

Cheers!

Community Manager

Ooooh - @shannonphx! That is some incredibly useful information! I'll pass this information onto our teams to see if there is a bug related to parantheses in subjects.

Level 9
Same error for me today- all the steps taken. Still error (no code) also keeps kicking me out of forum with a generic error
Level 9
@Mj_206 sorry i have to type fast before it kicks me to error page