Can’t send messages - Verify Phone Number

Level 1
Hello, hopefully someone can help... I listed a car for sale and now that I did, I can not send messages to reply to potential buyers. The error says that I need to Verify my phone number. I enter my number, get the text, enter the code, and it says confirmed, but is in an endless loop. Not sure how to get back to my buyers...
4 REPLIES 4
Community Helper
@Lumberjack7 Welcome to the OfferUp Community forum,

Lumberjack7 Yes you will get asked to verify your phone number or ID when dealing with high value items.
It’s because OfferUp keeping both members safety when dealing in high value items. your best bet would be to become a TruYou member, that being said.
Here’s a few things you can try below.

You can try signing out-uninstalling-and reinstating the OfferUp app-and sign back in,
also rebooted your phone after you have reinstalled the app. doing so will also give you the newest version of the app.

I also recommend clearing any cache/cookies for each device and browser you use to connect to OfferUp on. This will give your app a little refresh and typically resolves most error messages.,

You can troubleshoot yourself by signing out (clearing app cache / data) and then try to sign back in.

If the issue persists, I recommend contacting customer care from the link below. Or through Twitter at OfferUp if this option is available to you.😎🇬🇧🔚

OfferUp Customer care
https://offerup.com/support/new/
Level 1
Thanks for the suggestions. I ran through these steps and am still experiencing the same issue. Contacted customer support and they eluded to a wider issue they were working on. Hope they can fix it soon! Smiley Happy I am unable to do anything.
Obviously STILL an issue in 2019. Same story, app allowed me to post a car, but now won't let me respond. Many many attempts to verify phone # and still no way to do it. And 10 people waiting to hear from me.
So now what?
Level 1
Guys, I was able to reply to messages by replying to the email after validating my number. From there I would see my reply in the thread. After I told my buyers what was up, I deleted the original listing, re-posted and all is well now. Hope this helps, it was so frustrating!