Cannot send message to seller

SOLVED
Community Helper
@xPuurplex let me be one of the first to welcome you to the OfferUp Community forum,

Edit; xPuurplex just to add to what goblin said, Error when trying to send a message saying something along the lines of “Please refresh page and try again.” If so try moving from your phone to your computer to see if you get the same error.

Are you dealing with a high value item?, If so It could mean you or the seller needs to verify their phone number or ID through the mobile app. also if you’re using the shipping option on high value items, it could be cancelled payment lack of funds on credit card also needing verification through the mobile app. It’s because OfferUp keeping both members safety when dealing in high value items. if so I would recommend contact OfferUp customer care from the link below, You can also contact OfferUp through Twitter at OfferUp if this option is available to you.😎🇬🇧🔚

Edit; OfferUp Customer care
https://offerup.com/support/new/
Community Helper
@Elcaminoguy welcome to the OfferUp Community forum,

Elcaminoguy sorry just noticed you post are you still having this issue.? Or did it fix it’s self after 24/48 hours? If not what error code if any are you getting.? 😎🇬🇧🔚
Level 1

@Hotrod

"xPuurplex just to add to what goblin said, Error when trying to send a message saying something along the lines of “Please refresh page and try again.” If so try moving from your phone to your computer to see if you get the same error."

- It says nothing, appears as if the message is sent, but if you refresh the page/go to a different page and come back, it never sent. I'm on a desktop, wired connection (tested with speedtest.net, is reliable). When trying to offer, or ask, yes, it says "Please refresh page and try again". I lost my phone (that's what I'm trying to buy of Offer Up) so I cannot access the app version, but nothing I'm doing requires it.

"Are you dealing with a high value item?, If so It could mean you or the seller needs to verify their phone number or ID through the mobile app."

- iPhone 7, $300. Seller is verified on EVERYTHING, but it's not just one seller I can't respond to, it's any messages at all.

"also if you’re using the shipping option on high value items, it could be cancelled payment lack of funds on credit card also needing verification through the mobile app."

- Nope, never even got that far, plus it's local, no shipping.

"I would recommend contact OfferUp customer care from the link below"

- I have, twice. They respond in ways that don't even relate to my issue, it almost seems like they're just bots. Are they?

Community Helper
@xPuurplex OfferUp customer care are not bots, they will respond to your issue. seeing you don’t have a cell phone, I would recommend saying in contact with customer care so they can look into your account and resolve this issue. 😎🇬🇧🔚
Level 9
Try Twitter they usual have a better response time there.

Look through their messages, they may have addressed this as a maintenance or server issue.

If it's not working for you on WiFi/data it's for sure affecting other people near you as well.

There's no switch they can flip so that your app only works, give it some time.
Hi elin i’m sorry to bother you but i can’t message people at all and i was just trying to meet at a local park today wothin walking distance would you please assist me ?
Community Manager

Hi there @StonedSamurai - looks like you should be able to message again. In the future, you may want to avoid sending links within messages.

Im having a problem sending a response to buyers.
Level 1
Really need more details....What happens when you try to message them? Is the seller still an active member? If their account has been closed or they have a suspended account then you cannot send them message...
Level 9
Not sure what you mean.

Are you currently having an issue with a seller?

Is this local or shipping?

Are you getting a specific error?