Cant ship riding mowers. Right?

Level 2
So I noticed it says shipping on riding tractors I seen a few that actually would consider for purchase. However I was reading through your fine print on shipping packages can be over 200 pounds the average riding mower weighs 450 lbs. So how is it possible to get it to be shipped or received for the prices that you guys are offering. Am I incorrect? Just seems like a glitch or false advertising.
3 REPLIES 3
Community Manager

Great question, @Cowboyjr1982! Items over 20 lbs aren't eligible for shipping. I'd recommend reporting the other item so that our team can investigate and remove!

Level 2
All I was saying you got your offering shipping on stuff that can't be shipped
Community Manager

Items are only marked as shipping enabled by the seller. In this case, I'd assume the seller didn't mark the weight of the item properly which allowed the item to go through and be posted. Within the posting flow of listing an item as shippable, the seller must pre-select the weight limit. We don't go in and mark items as available via shipping. This is why reporting the item is the best route, or letting the seller know that their item doesn't qualify for shipping.