Craziest experience selling your iteams.

Level 1
Hello everyone one I had some crazy experience selling some of my iteams I have been asked if I can trade for weed? I was like instant block this person. And I was also asked if they could pay me with pennies. OMG crazy so I'm just curious to know what has been your crazy experience...
8 REPLIES 8
Community Manager

Oh my goodness - they asked to pay in pennies LOL!! That's great @Zamoraa1!

Yes, please block and report anyone that tries to pay/trade with weed! That is very much so against our policies!

Community Helper
@Zamoraa1 Welcome to the OfferUp Community forum,

Wow Zamoraa1 pennies lol! you totally did the right thing for sure blocking people offer you items against the guidelines.

The craziest experience I had selling one of my items was a new member asked to see my mountain bike before making me an offer. On showing up saying I’ll give you 400$ for a bike I was selling for 380$ his said it’s OfferUp right! After I stepped laughing I was in such a great mood I let them have it for 300$ lol! 😎🇬🇧🔚
Level 1
Oh my goodness.. giving u more. Than what you were asking 😁😁😁lol .. did he ever realize his mistake ?
Community Helper
@Zamoraa1 yes I explained his mistake while laughing and we both ended up having a good laugh in the end! 😎🇬🇧🔚
Highlighted
Level 3

Be careful if you are meeting someone to sell or buy, I was robbed last month when I met at their suggested please

Level 1
Oh no are you okay ?
Community Helper
@OldSchool3 Welcome to the OfferUp Community forum,

OldSchool3 I’m sorry to hear that,
I always recommend if your dealing in high value items or your not sure about the person you’re dealing with you should always meet at your local police station lobby. You can also find safe zone in your OfferUp app. I assume you’ve already reported this issue to your local authorities as well as OfferUp. So OfferUp can take the appropriate action on the persons account. And you’re local authorities can start an investigation. 😎🇬🇧🔚
Level 3

Thanks I have!