Custom decal question

SOLVED
Highlighted
Level 3

Anyone know why OfferUp does not allow pictures with all words? The reason I need to find a way around this is I make custom decals/stickers and I have to use what you can get as an example.  Kinda like what you see on ebay.  Like a color chart and text options.  Is that not allowed? I was finally able to post just a premade set because i took the picture far away and that shot included the surrounding things but it makes it hard to see them.  Any help?  Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Good morning @BHVMG - I went ahead and moved this from Small Business Secrets over to Get Started.

When it comes to posts with text, there is a slight gray area there. When we say that we don't allow text-only posts, we're talking about posts that are just a blank screenshot with some text on it. If your posts are for tangible items that simply have text on them, they should be fine to post on OfferUp. Reach out to our Customer Care team and see if they can offer any additional insight on your items.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Community Manager

Good morning @BHVMG - I went ahead and moved this from Small Business Secrets over to Get Started.

When it comes to posts with text, there is a slight gray area there. When we say that we don't allow text-only posts, we're talking about posts that are just a blank screenshot with some text on it. If your posts are for tangible items that simply have text on them, they should be fine to post on OfferUp. Reach out to our Customer Care team and see if they can offer any additional insight on your items.

View solution in original post

Community Helper
@Mj_206 welcome back haven’t seen you on the forum for a while? 😊
OfferUp employee

@Hotrod We love having @Mj_206 pop in to help!! Smiley Happy

Community Manager

I love this forum too much to stay away for long! 

Good luck with your decal sales @BHVMG Smiley Very Happy

Community Helper
@Elin it’s great too have @Mj_206 back, we definitely need the help! 👍
OfferUp employee
Level 3
@Mj_206 thank you for everything. I will try my best to find away around this. Have a great weekend!
Level 1
Hi... I am new... t ganks for a great app...

My question is about my post being removed...

I was told it was a text only pic but tggat isn't true... it was a pic of a Pandora Bracelet with the charms and I had put what it was and the prices for it and the charm on the pic... Can someone please tell me where I need to to find a phone number or email to talk with some e about This? Also, does anyone know if this was a mistake on the admins fault or was my pic not allowed? I had posted some helmets previously in a similar manner without an issue...

Sorry for putting thus question on this post reply but I could not figure out how to post separately ..

Thanks for your help

Tags (1)