DELETE ITEMS OVER 1 YEAR OLD!!

Level 5
Please delete everything older than 1 year old. Items that have been listed for longer than a year don’t need to be listed. That’s it. Easy to do. Please make it happen. 😁
10 REPLIES 10
Community Helper
What if people are still trying to sell it and have messages that they are waiting on meetups for? If the listing gets deleted and they are forced to resist, they lose that.
Level 5
Too bad. That’s on them... old items are using up valuable space on the servers and wasting peoples time who don’t want to look at items that have been listed over a year ago.... and if you have it listed for sale for more then a few months and it hasn’t sold, there is a reason for that and you should just bring it to goodwill or donate it or relist the item for a lot less... 😤
Community Helper
I'm not going to relist my items because it 'takes up valuable space'. People may not be looking for those items at that particular point in time. I can easily adjust the price and bump the item. There is no reason for Offerup to delete items. I would leave almost immediately if they did that. Even if they did delete those items, that would want people's time doing that and wasting money for the app. Then the app wouldn't be free. I'm not donating anything but clothes to goodwill even then I am hesitant because they are for profit and dont help people.
Level 5
True is
jsut wastin space most time
Community Helper
I just dont see the point in deleting item post on this app when people can search for the items. Some of my items you have to specifically be looking for to be able to search. It's not wasting buyers time. Most of the time the buyers are wasting sellers time when they dont read the description. What is wasting server space is people trying to sell services which is something you are not supposed to be doing on this app.
Level 5
I can not count the number of listings that have been listed for a year or more that have been unresponsive for whatever reason. I’m willing to bet the majority of the items that have been on Offerup for a year or more are either sold, or the person deleted the app but the item still remains for sale. Frustrating. Craigslist is by far the best when it comes to buying and selling items. I just wish Offerup would adopt some of the same practices as Craigslist... what do you propose? How would you resolve the issues I have stated ? What other ways could the developers deal with these issues ?
Community Helper
I say they can cleanse the non active accounts which will clear some of the listings that you are looking at. I am very active on this app and will respond to buyers. I am actually honest if I sold it and have forgotten to mark it as such because I sell at flea markets or yard sales the same items that I sell on this app.
Community Manager

I believe that items over a year old that haven't received any engagement are automatically removed. Quite often, the sellers actually write into our Care team asking why their item was removed because it is still for sale. Some community members love the fact that older items are still available, many sellers appreciate the fact that they can just leave one post up without needing to relist it every so many days. So it's a bit of a Catch 22 really! 

Highlighted
Level 5
Yes it is a catch 22, damned if you do damned if you don’t.... well if listings over 1 year old that haven’t received any engagement are supposed to be removed, I still see things from 3 years ago, many items... so I don’t think it’s working very well if that’s the case