Deposit Pending Taking Too Long

SOLVED
Highlighted
Level 9

@BrightMoonstone

For even more clarification, it is "3 business days" and not just 3 calendar days.

Here is a "blow by blow" example for you:

If the buyer's 3rd evaluation day ends on May 18th, the buyer messages OfferUp to release the funds. OfferUp will have receipt of confirmation from the buyer on May 21 (the following business day), and on the following the 3rd business day (which is the 3 business days you are inquiring about) is May 24.

In real time....that is 6 calendar days.

Level 9

Thank you @Elin

Lol no it says unless a buyers protection claim. Lol I don't know where you came up with that lol
Level 9

@BrightMoonstone

If the buyer does not file a claim, it would default on releasing the funds, but OfferUp is giving buyers some leeway on the 3 days of evaluation probably (my opinion) as OfferUp wants to make sure that the buyers are satisfied and to keep the refund % to a mininum. The refund process is cost prohibitive,time consuming, and the most difficult problem to resolve in thse types of transactions.

Yes and is why it took from Monday till Saturday for my deposit to be released so please just stop lol unless you want to explain the other TOS mistakes as well. You said earlier ONLY the TOS is what counts 3 business days is 3 business days, no the buyer has nothing to do with it unless they open a dispute lol that's it. Please continue to make clear the rest of the TOS....there is no extra days in the TOS period
Level 9

@BrightMoonstone...I would side with you IF it read like this:

""The buyer’s payment, minus OfferUp’s nationwide posting fee, will be released to the seller no later than 3 business days after delivery."   

Unfortunately, that is not all, which is why there is a contingency.  You will interpret it anyway you want, but a contingency is there for a reason.

Then please explain why it says I need to set up a stripe account to be paid? That payments are handle between myself and the buyer? Nothing is in accordance with the legality of the terms
Level 9

@BrightMoonstone

I can't explain anything in plain English, if you don't quote the actual language within the TOS, rather than paraprashing it. Either link them or quote the the actual clause(s) in question.

Seriously? 3 iv to start its in HUGE outline
Level 9

@BrightMoonstone

Yes, I would need to your know your dissent for each clause in order to either agree or counter your views.

Tags (1)