Deposit Pending Taking Too Long

SOLVED
Level 3
I wasn’t on the list affected?!?! Who do you think created this discussion?!?! I was the first person (in this discussion) to have this issue.

Oh, I have an account through Stripe that I use for my business and it has NEVER taken more than 24 hours for payments to post into my account. I also use Square and Intuit Quickbooks to process payments and they all deposit next day. Once again, to blame them is clearly wrong. This is something that OfferUp is doing.

I’m sorry that you have to bear a brunt of the negativity on here from a lot of us and I’m sure you’re doing the best you can with the information you’re being given. But OfferUp is not telling you the truth and it’s making you look like a liar; not them.

It’s very clear, OfferUp is not the reputable company I had hoped it was. They can’t even give you honest answers to give us, putting all the moderators in a tough position and in a negative image.
Level 3
I wasn’t on the list affected?! Who do you think created this discussion?! I was the first person (in this discussion) to have this issue.

Oh, I have an account through Stripe that I use for my business and it has NEVER taken more than 24 hours for payments to post into my account. I also use Square and Intuit Quickbooks to process payments and they all deposit next day. Once again, to blame them is clearly wrong. This is something that OfferUp is doing.

I’m sorry that you have to bear a brunt of the negativity on here from a lot of us and I’m sure you’re doing the best you can with the information you’re being given. But OfferUp is not telling you the truth and it’s making you look like a liar; not them.

It’s very clear, OfferUp is not the reputable company I had hoped it was. They can’t even give you honest answers to give us, putting all the moderators in a tough position and in a negative image.
Level 3
I’m curious to know.....anyone that has or is currently going through what I went through, have you received this supposed apology email?
OfferUp employee

@Wathan48 I've just looked into your account for you. You have received your funds, they sent you an email last week. You need to respond back to their email if that isn't the case. 

Level 3
Elin, I’ve stated numerous times previously that I had received my funds. But it took 5 additional days after the 3 day waiting period and a total of 10 days since I shipped the item.

If you’re trying to call me a liar, sorry but I’ve already stated that I received my funds. For someone that doesn’t work for OfferUp, they give you access to customer accounts? That’s scary....or you’ve been untruthful about you just being a moderator on here.

Nice job deflecting though. I like how you tried and spin that around to try and make me out to be a liar. Kudos to you and OfferUp for taking the low road.
Level 9

@Wathan48

A private company does not have to be transparent, nor are you entitled to know why it takes "5 buisness days", when the duration is made crystal clear within the shippping policy.

"Currently, it takes about 5 business days from the time a transaction is complete to the time a seller is paid. Payments may be delayed if there is a bank-recognized holiday."

If you disagreed with the shipping policy, why did you use the shipping option?

I did not like the shipping terms, which is why I opted not to use it.

Level 3
False, I was told it could take UP to 5 days for the payment to be placed into my account. I was also told via email (which I still have) stating my funds were released on a Friday and yet they didn’t show up in my account for 4 days. Also, my bank processes deposits within 24 hours except on holidays. So using the excuse that it was a Friday is useless. I’ve had available funds in PayPal and processed a deposit to my debit card on a Sunday. Do you know what happened? It deposited into my account within 5 minutes....on a Sunday.....

As a consumer, I have the right to ask questions. This isn’t communism; I’m allowed through the US Constitution to ask questions about policies.

It’s also very clear that I’m not the only person that’s been dealing with this issue.

I love how 2 moderators are trying to gang up on me...it’s pretty comical actually.

It’s very clear that moderators are not just users; rather, they’re employees hiding as users and being labeled as moderators. How else could a “moderator” have access to go into my account?

Seriously Elin and Lapua, take your lies and blatant hate for consumers somewhere else!
Level 9

@Wathan48

I did not say that you could not ask whatever questions that you wanted. You are not entitled to the answers. Where does it say in the US Constitution that a privately owned company is obligated to answer ANY/ALL questions asked by a consumer?
Policy? Are you joking?

OfferUp even left an open-ended duration with "...ABOUT 5 business days...", meaning that it can take more than 5 days.

I would never agree to such open-ended terms, where I am at such a disadvantage.

Level 9

@Wathan48

IF OfferUp had delayed the transfer for more than 5 biz days and violated their own TOS, you COULD have argued for an answer for delay under the Electronic Fund Transfer Act of 1978.

Tags (1)
Level 3
Did I ever say I was entitled to answers? No, I did not. I know you love instigating arguments on here, but once again I never sai I was entitled to the answer. However, a reputable company that states that this 5 day additional hold window is because of banks is false (I have this in an email from customer care). If so many people are upset, why wouldn’t a “reputable” company like OfferUp not give us an explanation. By using that language, one could assume that the company knowingly holds our money to make interest, like PayPal does.

When consumers are told that “funds are released on the 4th day after a buyer receives the item”, but it takes 5 additional days or more and then turns around and blames banks, that’s a blatant lie and fraudulent behavior.

I have no problem is a company wants to make money. If a company wants to hold seller funds for an extra 5+ days to make interest, then fine. What I have a problem is being lied to about the whole process from every customer care rep and moderator, aside from you. It’s very apparent that you either wrote or helped write the policy because I don’t know anyone that spends so much time memorizing or having quick access to documentation like you do.

I don’t agree with this policy and that is why I removed all of my postings. However, clearly there are issues with this policy in that you tell me it takes 5 days or more, but I’ve been told numerous times that it COULD take up to 5 days. Those extra couple of words are kind of a big deal.

It’s also very clear that I’m not the only person that has been dealing with this policy issue. It’s also very clear that this is a policy that is not favored by sellers and many sellers in this discussion are frustrated.