Did Shipping Prices just Change?

Level 7
I noticed today when I lowered the price of one of my items the shipping was $5, $7, $12, $30 but the $30 now went to $40.
10 REPLIES 10
Yes, 30 went to 40 and 7 to 8
Level 3
Does that mean that moving forward it changed or are the items that are currently listed with the old pricing grandfathered in? That means I now have to change my pricing structure on all the items listed if they are all changing to be competitive.
Community Manager

Hmmm, I'm noticing this too... Let me ask around.

Highlighted
Level 7
Thank you Mj_206
Community Manager

Ok, I can confirm that the $7 tier has been increased to $8, and the $30 tier has increased to $40.

Due to an increase in prices with the carrier we use, we've had to raise the prices on two weight classes in our shipping options.

Any existing items that had been posted prior to the change will have the original rates associated. Looks like USPS shipping prices, in general, have gone up as well.

Level 9
Woah $40? I can ship 70lbs with fedex for $40

Once again no advanced notice of changes? @Mj_206 or did I miss this?
Level 3
Good to know! I won't have to change pricing. Wish there was a 20 lb option. When I did try to sell the 19 lb typewriter USPS weighed it for me and said if I purchase through them it would be $60 shipping that item to Texas (Yikes!)
Community Manager

@RevivalGypsy wrote:
Once again no advanced notice of changes? @Mj_206 or did I miss this?

Unfortunately, I found out when I read this thread this morning. 

I completely understand any frustrations surrounding this.

Level 3
Wow, that's a good deal $40!! I'll look into that option for heavier items. And yes a notice would be good, that way I'd have a shipping sale. Buy and ship today and get the lower price (On sale Now!)