Disputing a review

Level 1

Wish there was a way to dispute a review. Because of 1 person, I got 1/2 a star now and it was all his fault. Or at least have a chance to explain. 🤷

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Level 5
I don't necessarily agree. I have had some buyers who have been disapointed over problems i considered their fsult, and they considered mine. Obviously neither parties could utilize a 100% objective overview of this type of situation. The review is an opportunity for you to voice how you perceived things to be. If you are kind and polite, you will generally recieve good reviews, and it will balance out.

Often I wonder what sort of day another person must be having if they lashout at me, complete with a string of obscenities or whatever else, and sometimes i simply pity them for lacking the maturity to accept and take responsibility for their actions, instesd, opting to blame others for everything that goes wrong, disregarding any proactive remedy. Ride the wave, dont fight it. It's futile in the end.
Level 3
I believe feedback retraction should be possible. Especially in my case. Recently I contacted a user to inquire about his item, he marked it sold and marked me as the buyer. I mistakenly provided him feedback, thinking it was a similar item I bought. His transaction apparently didn't go well because his feedback was negatively and reflected poorly on my rating. I'm working with offeruo to get this correctly, but I wish their was a quicker method.
Level 1
FungusHead, I had never had buyers disappointed with any of my stuff until this particular buyer. I let them test everything out before taking any of my items. This buyer also tried the item he purchased and was so happy with it. He had it for 2 full days and then decides he wanted he's money back. Yeah after he used it for what ever he wanted too. Sorry but I don't rent my stuff. You can't buy and return after 2 days.
Level 1
Sirelvin, yes! definitely agree.
OfferUp employee

@Egomez1983 @Sirelvin @FungusHead All good feedback! As long as you continue to have positive transactions @Egomez1983, it shouldn't affect your rating at all moving forward. Thanks, everyone Smiley Happy

Lol....I have never even received a response from offerup to any of my emails, that specifically responded to my question. It was just some vague robo-response.

In my case, at the beginning, before I sold anything...3 reviews showed up...giving me 3 stars. On every other site I have 5 and on eBay I am a top rated seller.

Without sales, I don’t believe their should have been any reviews. I wrote numerous times and no response. On other sites, they will look at the situatin and in many cases bad reviews are in retaliation for factually based reviews. Example, buyer fails to show three times and then knocks on door at 11pm, without any notice he was coming. I kid you not. THEN, he becomes upset and says he drove (drunk I think) a long way and I AM OBLIGATED TO SELL HIM THE TOOL. He would not leave, even when I
Said police had been called. He said he was going to break my door in ...so I made the sound of a shotgun racking...and he left. I reviewed him. 3 weeks later he figured out I reviewed him and he did a retaliation review. The sites 5miles and Letgo have a responsive staff and don’t allow the “is it available?” And then never heard from again buyers OR THE “I am offering you 50$ (asking price)” and then they are never heard from again....run and ruin the site. Without good sellers, the site does not exist. With good sellers the buyers will Come.. the opposite is not true if the sellers feel that the site is disinterested in their rep as a seller. Rant concluded, but true.
But Elin...if you have 3 5star reviews and one 1star....it drops you to 4...not 5. Another 1 star and it is 3.5...so it matters. When the site does not monitor and review the fairness of ratings...it means NO SELLER will ever risk giving an honest review if a low rating was appropriate. Why risk it and have the buyer retaliate review? And may I ask, why can’t we hear a formal response from OFFERUP. Is it because they don’t bother to read any of this? I believe that is true. I have sent at least 5 emails and not one reply from a real person. I am almost ready to move on...I have better luck selling on the other sites anyway thanks
But Elin...if you have 3 5star reviews and one 1star....it drops you to 4...not 5. Another 1 star and it is 3.5...so it matters. When the site does not monitor and review the fairness of ratings...it means NO SELLER will ever risk giving an honest review if a low rating was appropriate. Why risk it and have the buyer retaliate review? And may I ask, why can’t we hear a formal response from OFFERUP. Is it because they don’t bother to read any of this? I believe that is true. I have sent at least 5 emails and not one reply from a real person. I am almost ready to move on...I have better luck selling on the other sites anyway thanks