Do people not understand what MPU means

SOLVED
Level 3
I'm a little frustrated with buyers insterested in my items but keep asking if I can meet, deliver or where I live? I've checked the location on all of my items and the map is pretty accurate but I still answer out of courtesy and end up getting replies like "too far can you meet" "I'm gonna spend a lot on gas can you lower the price" "can you meet me half ways or closer" ... I always add MPU on all my descriptions, I don't even know what to tell people anymore do I have to constantly explain why I don't drive and why my items are MPU 😏
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 9
I was lost as to it's meaning as well.

You can't expect every buyer to know what that means 🙃

I'd advise against using abbreviations.

Add the appropriate information in your description.

"I'm selling this bike, sold as is. You must pick up in Anaheim no delivery. I don't have a car. 100 or best offer."

You may still get those who ignore this or simply fail to read descriptions, just give them a 'no sorry'.
34 REPLIES 34
Level 1
Now I'm curious, trying to understand what that means but I can't come to any conclusion. So what does it mean? 🤔
Level 9
I was lost as to it's meaning as well.

You can't expect every buyer to know what that means 🙃

I'd advise against using abbreviations.

Add the appropriate information in your description.

"I'm selling this bike, sold as is. You must pick up in Anaheim no delivery. I don't have a car. 100 or best offer."

You may still get those who ignore this or simply fail to read descriptions, just give them a 'no sorry'.
Level 3
@Anonymously it means Must Pick Up 😅 @0317 thank you for your response I thought it was a use of common sense but now I see it is not so common, you're right not every one knows what it stands for and could mean something else, I just thought if they were really interested or curious about my item they would at least ask what MPU meant if they really don't know. Thanks again! @goblin Thank you for your kind and well explained comment , I will definitely edit my posts and write it out completely rather than use the acronym in hopes that this will convince buyers they really must pick up lol. Thank you again 😊
Level 1
I've never seen MPU, but I did assume it meant; must pick up. I have seen and use... PPU. Meaning; porch pick up.

I too have people that despite seeing that, ask if I deliver, I say there is a delivery fee. I tell them the cost, tell them when I deliver if for some reason they don't buy, they still will owe delivery fee.

I ask them to indicate they agree to the terms. So far this has worked out well.
I though, more often than not, tell them I'm unable to deliver, and they do come pick up.
Level 9
Yea I don't know anyone who uses MPU, like Dee I can guess what it means, but goblin makes a great point, I would take the extra effort to just spell it out. Less guessing the better. OBO should be ok that's pretty common since the days of Craigslist.
Level 9

What a gracious acceptance @Irenechacon

Own it, learn from it and move forward --- I like your style!  Smiley Happy

Community Manager

Well - TIL what MPU means Smiley LOL

Level 9

GLTH  @Mj_206

LOL I had to look up TIL. Smiley Happy

Community Manager

Smiley LOL Smiley LOL Smiley LOL Smiley LOL