Fake Offers

SOLVED
It is discouraging to get an offer and arrange to meet only to be faked out by mean ppl. I'm seriously considering leaving offer up. Going to. Let go. Even though I don't like them. I'm so upset right now. I am definitely recreating this account. Which ticks me off the most i Am truyou approved and have been a member a long time. I have sold over 200 items. Fake ppl have got to get off here.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
I understand your frustration but thats going to be everywhere please reconsider and stay otherwise they win & to be honest most people are looking to buy from trustworthy people like you !

View solution in original post

240 REPLIES 240
Level 9
I agree 👍
Level 1
LetGo is the same... There are lots of trolls and scams too...
It's true that there are fake offers, but I don't think it's an Offer Up issue, it's more about the people that do it and I'm sure that every app like Offer Up has people like that.
I guess this is true, I am thinking super hard on how to manage my account better. That way these trolls can leave me alone. I can't express enough how bad it is to daily get fake offers. I am in a spot in my life where I need this extra money. Its not easy trying to get good pictures on here to only have someone fake you out.
I understand your frustration but thats going to be everywhere please reconsider and stay otherwise they win & to be honest most people are looking to buy from trustworthy people like you !

View solution in original post

Level 1
It's not an issue with the application hence that they have no control over who joins. Exactly this reason is why I only meet up with people less than a mile from my home and before I meet with them I verify that they're not trolling me by creating a "relationship" with them, anyways any other application will have the same issue hence none of them has control over whom joins this is the internet and you best start believing there will always be scammers, trollz, and disgusting people you'll have to deal with on here.
OfferUp employee

@SuperSalesWoman Hey there, thank you for trusting us to vent out your frustrations. Everyone here is right. As for what we are doing about it, we just launched a brand new profile with a more detailed rating system and more to help combat those who don't follow through with their messages or offers, and where you can find more details about a user's "reputation" on the app. We'll be announcing it in a blog post soon, but believe us that we are working very hard to help with this issue for every one of our members. We're here for you all! 

Community Helper
@SuperSalesWoman Every one is totally right great advice from all the members👍 we all get people like that it’s really frustrating just hang in there.
Highlighted
What do u mean by relationship?