Fake Offers

SOLVED
Level 1
If you change your mind then NOTIFY the person. You are on a communication platform it's ok to change your mind, its not ok to leave someone in the dark with the expectation of a sale then wasting their time.
Level 4
I am verified have few badges and belong to Letgo as well. They're both same in alot of ways. Offerup is more pickier with your postings as to letgo if you use different words itll post. I particularly dont like either it beats having a yard sale and having so many people show up at your home
Community Helper
@Sandstorm welcome to the Community forum,
I agree there is something similar for sure, I’ve noticed OfferUp has finally stopped people trying to post duplicate item in the same category, they get automatically deleted. letgo automatically deletes all categories people are try to put duplicate posts in. putting an end to duplicate posts all together. I hope the OfferUp team eventually add the same feature, and puts an end to it also. yep it definitely beats yard sales for sure!
I know this is super old (post) but I am new to this and also wonder about this 'relationship.' I want and need to sell stuff but also don't have time to waste on people who are not genuine.
Sadly, no matter which board you're on, there will be haters, cheaters, and fakes. We just have to weed through them. Karma is a b____ and i believe they will be punished. Dont lose faith in everyone just because of a few bad eggs. 😁
Sadly, no matter which board you're on, there will be haters, cheaters, and fakes. We just have to weed through them. Karma is a b____ and i believe they will be punished. Dont lose faith in everyone just because of a few bad eggs. 😁
Tags (3)
You and me both beautiful! But don't let that stop your grind. It wouldn't be one without the stupidity and ignorance that follows
Level 1
Well said. Not to mention the ones that want want want and hound all day, so when you meet then, we’ll, tick tock, nobody shoes. That’s annoying.
Hml
Level 4
Yes, yet another fake a person out is putting pictures on site and blowing them up to look larger than they are. Then give address that GPS can't find drive around for 1/2 hour and waste gas to find it isn't what it looked like in pic... I always look before I buy. But one does not have to fake someone out to get them to go to the place. Then offer the bigger item for more money! Oh and then they put there map closer than where they actually live so you end up going farther for nothing.
Build a "relationship" by chatting a few times with customers before the arranged meet for transaction.