Fake Offers

SOLVED
Community Helper
Hi @KeepNothing they usually ask if the items are still for sale, then when you answer they never answer back or try and get your personal information, like phone numbers email address or home address. There’s lots of trolls, then you get people make a deal then never answer again, what I do is send them this (?) if I don’t get any answer within a hour, I move on to the next buyer. I understand people changing their minds or buying something else, but just because it’s not a face to face deal they think nothing of wasting people’s time, it’s just inconsiderate, I also check their profile page that helps somewhat seeing their ratings and other information. I meet 2 minutes from my house, and have the person message me when they are at my meeting place, I tell them I’ll be there in 2 minutes.
Also look for fake profiles, this helps you to weed them out, just block them and that profile is done!!! Take back the power.

Advertising in both spots is not illegal.
Just remember some people pretend and dream. Fake profile, fake offers, fake pick up appointment times... Because some things are not right with them. Block and move on.
I know your selling pain.
Level 2

Hi..I’m new at this..I didn’t realize ppl try and get personal information..thank you for the heads up .

Level 1
I agree and can definitely relate to the FAKE offers! I agree to meet my buyers. I will admit I have found a lot of success on Offer Up. However I have also driven to meet buyers who NEVER SHOW UP...EVEN AFTER WE'VE BEEN COMMUNICATING THE EBTIRE TIME!!
ZR1
Level 1
Yes👐 I totally agree to, it becomes really frustrating. Offer up seriously need to do something about this...
Level 1
ENTIRE TIME COMMUNICATING...
However it doesn't feel good at all being lied to or stood up....
I will continue to use Offer Up as one of my main sources of sells!
Level 1
ENTIRE TIME COMMUNICATING...
However it doesn't feel good at all being lied to or stood up....
I will continue to use Offer Up as one of my main sources of sells!
Tags (3)

We learn this by experience, just block and report.

M1W
Use both offerUp and letgo
what's going on bait and switch ?