Fake money

SOLVED
Level 1
Has anyone been paid with fake money? If you had, what did you do?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Helper
I had counterfeit money handed to me to buy an item (at least 400$ worth). I didnt know for a couple of weeks. The state police in a different state has part of it because I tried to use it. Then my hometown police has the rest of it. I reported it to them after I found out that it was fake. I would highly suggest going to the police and reporting what happened. Then report the user to the app. They will basically deactive the account and limit what the user can do.
4 REPLIES 4
Community Helper
I had counterfeit money handed to me to buy an item (at least 400$ worth). I didnt know for a couple of weeks. The state police in a different state has part of it because I tried to use it. Then my hometown police has the rest of it. I reported it to them after I found out that it was fake. I would highly suggest going to the police and reporting what happened. Then report the user to the app. They will basically deactive the account and limit what the user can do.
Level 1
Papabuilt is it!? FYI that is just a question that I made. I don't care about your sympathy, and know this " no one has paid me with fake money! I'm not stupid or blind".
Tags (1)
Community Helper
@Papabuilt you’re post was inappropriate and not within the OfferUp Community forum guidelines. I would recommend reviewing the guidelines below before you continue posting.
When it’s comes to counterfeit money there’s low grade up to high grade counterfeit money.😎🇬🇧🔚

Online Community/Forums:

Community Guidelines: https://community.offerup.com/t5/Welcome/Community-Guidelines/m-p/47#M5
Highlighted
Community Helper
@Papabuilt if it looks so similar to real USD even people like the cops I went to thought it was real money. I could not tell that it wasn't and I have lived in the states for my entire life. The 20's I was handed were very real to me and I was scammed out of the money. That was a really insensitive thing to say.