Flake Magnet and did I list for free?

SOLVED
Level 3
Sure waste my time and oh yeah everything is a dollar ... can I drive to your home as well?

Offer up is great most of the time but seriously they need to do something about the flakes especially when reporting them...or offer up is disrespectful of my time as well and that would be a double whammy!
Power in numbers my fellow offer up sellers. I get an email that they received but it’s generic and I believe just auto generated when you write a report never have I seen a follow up.

It’s been out of control lately which tells you something flakes are breeding flakes. There’s no such thing as treating someone with a curtious respectful manner. Sad but true.

The only way to try and cut back on them is to confirm with them when they are in the car in route to your meeting location and even that is not a Sure thing.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Helper
I'm with you on close to home meet-ups @Jones68!
Am somewhat of a multi-multi-tasker... so will schedule at least 2-3 meet-ups from a meet-up location via OU's Locator Map, within a couple miles from me, usually where I would normally have errands/shopping to do. If they are running late... will give them an extra 5-10 while checking OU. If they are a no-show, will contact the next interested buyer and then run errands til they show.
Win/Win...
Errands ✔, $ made, no gray hairs!

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
They cant just take someone off of here because you say they are a flake. Anyone can just say that about a person..
Level 9
They really do need more staff to sift through the reports for sure.
Level 3
Yes in deed since this app seems to be generating some attention with new members it’s their responsibly to control it.
I had another 2 flakes and though it’s not nice to fight fire with fire somehow I wonder if making second arrangements to meet with the person and not show for it might give them a taste of their own actions. That’s bad I know but my patience have been exhausted lately with these people and it’s costing me time and gas and additional stress that I really don’t need. Sometimes people deserve a little karma back and if that means I have to be the one to help karma out well so be it. I am sorry doesn’t mean **bleep**! Ugh! Sorry but my limit has been exceeded.
Level 3
True but what word would best describe their actions. And the conversation should support the statement. So if they even put an effort towards doing anything which I don’t they do they would see the conversation and as the other party to provide a response. Granted they should use the 3 strikes rule and then boot them. But I think they just go without even being read.
Level 9

@goblin  @obrame  I agree with both of you. We all get no shows and no reply and I know I’ve wasted gas and time. That’s why I only meet close to where I live. 

Community Helper
I'm with you on close to home meet-ups @Jones68!
Am somewhat of a multi-multi-tasker... so will schedule at least 2-3 meet-ups from a meet-up location via OU's Locator Map, within a couple miles from me, usually where I would normally have errands/shopping to do. If they are running late... will give them an extra 5-10 while checking OU. If they are a no-show, will contact the next interested buyer and then run errands til they show.
Win/Win...
Errands ✔, $ made, no gray hairs!

View solution in original post

Level 9

@REMEMBRANCE  The way I do it to. Maybe that’s why we take it in stride. Always the next one. Like the way you think. Going to have to get you a cowgirl hat. You know, I call it one day at a time. 

Community Helper
Lol...
Hear that my friend @Jones68!
Level 9

@REMEMBRANCE @Jones68  Seems the two of you have found the secret to life. At least life without stress! Why get stressed out over things you can't control? Its a waste of time and energy.

I try to keep my life as stress free as possible, and I believe it shows. I'll be 60 very soon and I don't have gray hair, and yes I do have hair (not much).  Well the gray hair bit just a stab at humar, but seriously there's no reason to be angry over this stuff. You'll find that your angry all the time.

BTW I really don't have gray hair!