Free bumps..yes please! ;)

SOLVED
Level 3
With so many items being posted for sell everyday our post get pushed to the bottom right away and it seems as if they hardly show up anymore unless someone sits there to search and scroll for that specific item. To be able to bump our item to the top atleast once or twice a day for free would be so awesome and greatly appreciated! Not everyone can afford to pay the fee to bump. Some people may not even have a bank account or credit card. Thanks for the view!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
I totally agree with free bumps!
555 REPLIES 555

@Luv2craft Thanks for the feedback and advice. Moving forward we hope to come up with ways to help with this Smiley Happy

Level 2
I totally agree!
Tags (1)
Level 3
Great idea👍
Level 6
Consider pricing the bumps under $1, preferably 5 cents. This is a win-win for both users and OfferUp.

I know this is the point in the company’s development that you are now trying monetize the app. This of it like this, you may have calculated that you should be making a certain amount of revenue and you imagine a certain number of people will pay the $3/$4 to bump their items. But that number is very small.

Think of it this like parking lots in cities. In places like San Francisco, if I have to pay $20 to park my car, I’d rather drive around more and look for metered parking. But for the parking lot owner his lot is almost always full, there no point in lowering the price. His number of parking spots won’t change so the more he charge the more he makes. However for OfferUp the logistics is different. There is no limit to the number of posts, the scale is virtually unlimited. For 5 cents most people will bump everyday. Just to put things into perspective, let’s say 1/1000 people actually use the bump feature (we all know it’s much much lower) if only 1/10 people use bump now at a lower price point say 10c. You’ve just doubled the revenue. To add to that, people who bump now only bump one item once in a while and only for items over $100. Imagine the missed opportunities.

Currently everyone would rather repost items than bump them, but I think 9/10 people would rather give you one dime and not have to type up a post. But for $4 most would rather just repost. Especially most items being posted are $50 or lower.

OfferUp is a great app, you should make more money and do that by making things easy for users.
Cal
Level 3
I understand your concern for discounted bumps. Think about your request for a moment though, if bumps were completely free then some users would sit there and spam bump all day, surely causing stress and corruption to the app. Also bumps are not $3 to $4 currently if I’m not mistaken bumps are only $1.99 which I feel is fair however I think the length of the bump should last at least 12- 24 hours instead of only 4 hours.
Thanks
Tags (1)
Level 3
How about certain days of the week it be .99 I would use more often

@Mark4 I understand the logic, I also get what @Cal is saying too. From my own perspective, if everyone had a chance to Bump, wouldn't that defeat the cause? It's supposed to be for those moments that you really need or would like a boost. I am completely open to ideas, so keep them coming. There has to be something that favors both sides. 

Prices have dropped
Level 6
Some bumps are 3 to 4 dollars. The van I was selling would have been 3.99 to bump it and each consecutive bump would have been same. I figured offer up based the cost of bump ups on how much the Item is being sold for.