Getting a refund with Buyer Protection

SOLVED
Level 3
I was recently scammed on two separate items from the same seller. I filed a buyer protection refund on each item but I never received a confirmed email on either item that my buyer protection request was even sent and one has been two days already. I'm nervous because what if they never received my request and three days have past and the scammer gets to keep my hard earned money! Can somebody shed some light on the buyer protection without a confirmation email please?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
@Nathon as I said the other day this is the process and they will reply when they reach your claim/s. Offerup has said on here many times to others that have asked this same queation, that this is the normal process on claims and as long as you have filed they will get back to you. They work on them in order as they are filed.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
@Nathon as I said the other day this is the process and they will reply when they reach your claim/s. Offerup has said on here many times to others that have asked this same queation, that this is the normal process on claims and as long as you have filed they will get back to you. They work on them in order as they are filed.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Any update on this? Did you get refunded?
Community Manager

I can't speak on the specifics of this case (as I haven't even looked into it) but I wanted to reassure you that our Buyer Protection program absolutely works @Jrenriquezlim. If you need to open a claim, make sure to do it within 3 days of receiving the item and our teams will respond as soon as they can.

Seems like it doesnt work. I already filled a claim the day after receiving a fake product and until now no answer from this app's moderators. So frustrating because you people already released my money and your buyer protection is literally **bleep**. It’s been almost a week and that's not a lot of money but still, that's 250 dollars. I will try to work things out with my bank after this week if this still hasn't been resolved by then. Seriously sucks that I use this often and the customer service is trash.

Level 1
I followed the process to get my receipt and it doesn't list any transactions, how am I supposed to apply for Buyer Protection if your system doesn't list my transaction number...pacagal@frontier.com
Tags (1)
Level 1
How do I get my Transaction number,there are no transactions listed?
Community Helper
Was the whole transaction done on Offerup? Did the buyer send it via offer ups official shipping label? Did you do shipping or local?
Tags (1)
@Pacagal You should be able to find it with the email that you used for the shipping label.

@Mj_206 Still no reply it has been almost 2 weeks and this has still not been resolved.