Getting started in the forums

Level 5
I entered every search that I could think of for beginning a new topic, and nothing came up. I checked my spelling, I waited and tried again as one instruction gave me. Thank you so much, I do not know why it suddenly popped up.
Level 5
I don't know how it happened, but I asked that question before you answered. I had written the whole question to you, but a message kept popping up with green background and it said" look carefully in the shaded area for any errors. I worked on rewriting it, spell checking it and after 30 minutes, I canceled the whole message BC the shaded message w green background wouldn't let me post it.😭 Must be some glitch in the system, bc somehow you got the message😄
Level 5
Your message was completely understandable and fairly easy to perform, but then again, I do have my PhD. But, as my tagline said, ignorance is not always bliss. But some are to scared, or have too large an ego ( lol, like the rumor that guys don't like to follow directions... not a rumor, women's brains are hardwired to not waste time. With kids, work, grocery shopping, taking kids to sports, women or single dads can't waste a moment of time and asking questions brings about answers. So, seeing that there are those who don't like to ask questions, lol, they like to just 'happen upon' them, It might not be a bad idea to have an instructional, just in case someone NEEDS to happen upon them.

@RevKaelene Yep, great feedback! 

Level 2
New to OU but I see questionable items are adult movies under cds movies okay? Adult entertainment? Or yard sales up to a year old? I’m always searching for good buys but find lots of things that make me go hmmm. Thx Kitty
Level 2

Tags (2)
Community Manager

Welcome, @Kit1cat! OfferUp is open to users 13 and older, so the general rule of thumb is if you can't sell it to a 13 year old, it can't be posted on OfferUp. Here are the guidelines Smiley Happy

can you please be more specific on how to create a new thread. I have been trying to post new thread over an hour now and frustrated. I tried posting some rifle scopes and holsters a few months back only to have the post taken down for violations. so today i open ou and start scrolling and one after the other holsters being advertised woth the tag ad and not only one I seen 10 or more before getting upset so now I want to know is this intentional or accidental and what will be done to prevent this in the future or is it not important if there paying for ads???
Tags (1)

just wondering, is there a way to change our username and avatar in the discussion forums so that they are different from our username & avatar in the main OfferUp app?

it looks like we can set a different discussion area user name by clicking on our profile icon and going to "my community settings > personal > personal information" and entering a different name... although i'm not sure if it's working.

i'd also like to be able to set a different avatar, but it's not clear how to do this.

the reason for keeping a separate identity is because many of us have questions or comments about other users that they are currently transacting with, and would like to maintain privacy.

Tags (2)
Community Manager

Hey there @laszlopanaflex - unfortunately the avatar will stay the same, but I can get your username changed for you. Go ahead and send me a PM and I can help you out.