Giving out home address

SOLVED
Level 1
Hello! I have just made my second sale but this will be the first one that will require the person to come into my house since I'm selling a washing machine. I know you may be thinking just give them your address but for some reason I'm hesitant to offer it up, so to say. Lol
The buyer has given me their phone number and we've agreed on a day and time but they haven't asked for my address. Perhaps I am being overly cautious but I'd like to ask the more experienced folks in the forum their opinion/advice on how to proceed. Thank you! 😊
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 9

@DCAZ

Set the meeting place at a Starbucks or something similar near your home to qualify the buyer ( money, truck,etc.) first.

If the buyer questions your tactic, just state that you had one too many flakes, so you want to verify that he/she is nearby before giving out your home address.

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
9 REPLIES 9
Level 9

@DCAZ

Set the meeting place at a Starbucks or something similar near your home to qualify the buyer ( money, truck,etc.) first.

If the buyer questions your tactic, just state that you had one too many flakes, so you want to verify that he/she is nearby before giving out your home address.

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
Level 9
Have you not unhooked it yet?

Place it in your garage.

Make sure you're not the only one home.

And yeah, make sure they have a big enough vehicle to carry the thing.
Community Manager

I completely agree with @Lapua! If I'm buying or selling a large item, I always ask to meet up beforehand. Grabbing a coffee with the potential buyer/seller is an easy way to break the ice, and gives you the opportunity to show more photos of the item, or even a video of the item in action.

Level 2
That's a definite no no! You don't know who you're going to be meeting and then if they know where you live you can come back later and and steal something from your house.
Much safer to meet in a public place, grocery store, restaurant, fast food establishments
Level 2
I would, sense your lady ,definitely not let them in your house. If you could get somebody to help you put the washing machine outside your house, then you can meet them outside the house to do the transaction. When somebody you trust watching.
Community Manager

Welcome to the community, @Thm61 Smiley Happy

I agree with these suggestions! It's always smart to complete transactions with a friend or family member with you Smiley Happy

Community Helper

Welcome to the Community Forums @Thm61. This was an older post. I'd love to hear your thoughts on some of our current topics. I hope you'll stick around and stay engaged.

Level 2
I usually meet people at a Starbucks as well . Like 2000 Nicollet Ave , for me.....
Highlighted
Level 2
I usually meet people at a Starbucks as well . Like 2000 Nicollet Ave , for me.....
Tags (1)