Hacked

Level 1

NOT GETTING HELP FROM OFFER UP!!!! Do I NEED TO DELETE MY ACCOUNT!!! Someone posted from my account a Jeep Wrangler for $1500 in at least 3 states WA FL TX. I informed all 30 people that replied within seconds that it was a hack. What puzzles me is that EVERYTIME I log in I am required to do the Catcha security thing where you mark the boxes with the bus/storefront etc etc so HOW DID I GET HACKED!!! I’ve changed my password but still getting the listings & people responding!!!!

Tags (3)
8 REPLIES 8
Community Helper
Contact support immediately. They can help you.
Level 3
This happened to me today. OfferUp is no help. I’d hate to delete my account because I have a lot of experience.
Highlighted
Level 9
If you have payments set up with credit card/bank info, I'd suggest you delete that info
Community Helper
Hi there, @Wendykimmel @Sirelvin - you will want to reach out to our Customer Care team for assistance from the link provided below, They will be able to help you get your account squared away.

You can also contact customer care through Twitter at OfferUp if this option is available to you.

OfferUp Customer care
https://offerup.com/support/new/
Level 1
This just happened to me today. It’s for a nissan altima in WA. I live in TX! I have people responding to the ad.
Have you resolved your issue and if so how?
Community Helper
@Gracemleone you would have to click on the link provided for offerup support. They are the only ones that can help you with this issue.
Neighbor
I was just hacked as well and can’t figure out how to contact the help department or deactivate my account
Community Helper

Welcome - @Ceandra I’m going to tag you into thread topic; “I think my account was hacked. you can review the information from Mj_206 community manager post on page one” Or you can do a quick search for the thread topic your self. Regards Hotrod