Hacker

SOLVED
There is someone of here named Offerup Support and has sent me a message that says there is red flags on my account and that I needed to click a link that went to a facebook page and I needed to put in all my information. I reported them but there's no telling how long that will take..Just wanted to give a heads up not to fall for this person .
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@BrightMoonstone wrote:
There is someone of here named Offerup Support and has sent me a message that says there is red flags on my account and that I needed to click a link that went to a facebook page and I needed to put in all my information. I reported them but there's no telling how long that will take..Just wanted to give a heads up not to fall for this person .

This  is called a "phishing" scheme, as the process provokes/baits the victim to voluntarily provide the passwords/personal info.

Hacking occurs without the victim's participation and rarely occurs on a small scale. Unlike the movies, this is a time consuming and costly process.

3 REPLIES 3

@BrightMoonstone wrote:

This  is called a "phishing" scheme, as the process provokes/baits the victim to voluntarily provide the passwords/personal info.

Hacking occurs without the victim's participation and rarely occurs on a small scale. Unlike the movies, this is a time consuming and costly process.

Thank you!
😏