Haven’t Received Payment and now Sale is Cancelled??

Level 1
Hello. The buyer arrived at my home and loaded the item (dining room set) into her van. When I asked her for payment, she said she “already paid” on the Offer Up app. This was the first time using the app for payment, so I added my bank account and saw that a deposit was “pending.” Now, it has been 5 days and I got a notice that the payment has been cancelled because the buyer never confirmed that she recieved the item. The deposit pending now shows a $0 balance (instead of $100 minus fee that was previously on there). And now the dining room set is listed again (even though I listed it as sold after she took it). Did I get ripped off?
I messaged the buyer. She has not responded. I also texted her. No response. I also reported her profile.

What else can I do? How do I get my $100?
3 REPLIES 3
Level 1
The Offer Up payment app is obviously not secure, so can someone please contact me about receiving payment.
Level 1
This just happened to me. The buyer is even trying to resolve it on his end. Terrible application design. I mean, he paid on his end, I see it pending on my end, but the transaction gets canceled because they didn’t push a “pay” buton. It makes no sense to allow them access to payment and to send a receipt to the seller if you’re going to cancel the transaction. Horrible design!
Level 1
This happened to me only the buyer got my shoes I sent her because the label was created by OFFERUP, and so I sent the shoes, the buyer just told me that she never bought them and that she wants a refund, then Isaid you haven’t paid and I need you to accept the payment and items and then she stopped messaging me and now I have to file a police report in her state. Why are you even OfferUp helping ANY OF US ON THESE FORUMS?!?! And this lands all on OfferUp, you can’t hold a payment then cancel the transaction after an item has been sent?!!! Wtf?!?! I am out $150 on these expensive shoes.