Help! I think a BUYER is trying to scam me!

SOLVED
Level 1
So glad I saw this and did my homework. I just had the same thing happen. I can't report it because I noticed his/her initial message disappeared from the Offerup messages. That was the first flag but after responding back and forth to this person, they proposed exactly the same situation as you have noted in your forum. Well, now I know my response to this person, if they want my item, they can pay through paypal or Offer Up
Level 1
Also, as an FYI for others to BOLO, my scammers name is Olly/Ollie. I believe I am remembering that correctly. He deleted his Offer Up message but do have e-mail info. Do I need to contact police in a case like this or just update on this site?
Level 1
Ya this person that wants to buy what I'm selling seems very fishy about making a payment.. Idk.
Level 9
As far as I'm aware PayPal is ill advised by the payment faq and is not covered by OfferUp helen
Same thing happened to me. George bragg. Should be &@$; bag
Level 1
The same thing just happened to me! And she said it was her husband.. then her offer up message disappears?? Then I get an email the same... it sounded sketchy so I asked my adult son. He told me don’t respond it’s a scam
Highlighted
Level 1
I am so glad you asked this question, lol. I'm new on offer up as well, and just had same exact thing happen to me. Thanks to everyone here, I can report, block, and be on my merry way to selling for real... (smh) whew!
Neighbor
Total scam...today was the first day I have ever posted items 4 sale and had the "we are on our honeymoon and will send you a check and have movers pick it up." Did not get that till spending 20 min answering q and a but these are always scams. Face to face in public place is best way to "inform them" you know they are thieves. That scam has been going down on c-list for years. It happens...good luck.
I received the exact message and I know now how to report the individual. Thank you. It is a scam and shame on the person who is doing this.