Help selling my stuff

I'm in need of money so I'm selling my stuff to be able to pay my rent and get my car from impound I'm about to lose my car and it's the only thing I have to take daughter to work
17 REPLIES 17
OfferUp employee

Hi @Juan13! There are many many tips to help you! Some from us and others from your fellow community members. Please take a chance to read through them here and let us know if you have any questions or need any help with anything! 

Highlighted
My advice is to price your items to competitively sell with room to haggle so ur making your customers feel they r getting that almighty great deal. Search the item ur selling on offer up check out competition prices. Check the internet for the price of the brand new item. Pawn shops normally give 1/3-1/4 of the original price. Go with something like that and up it 10 bucks so u can accept the offer u receive. Far too often people want more money than the item is worth to the customer. Its a shame BC although u may have paid full price this is similar to a yard sale and no one wants to pay full price.
Level 1
Me 2 i have a 9 year old son and im new to offer up
OfferUp employee

Hi @Chiltona34 Smiley Happy What types of items are you looking to sell? Have you checked out our Tips blog yet to read through simple tips on selling?

Level 1
No i havent but i will thank u!!
OfferUp employee

@Chiltona34 Yay! Let me know if you have any questions about anything you read Smiley Happy

Hml
Level 4
This is all really good advice! supersaleswoman. On offer up and this area imparticular they have a sense of entitlement and want it for free or pennies. I am just glad that most of the items I offer are either donated to me or I get for helping out a friend clean out their closet, garage, storage space. Or I really wouldn't make money at all here in the high desert. : ( However, where I am from I made BANK on antiques and all other items. : )....so i feel lIke all im doing is helping out the poor here. I know everyone likes a deal. But low balling someone is just plain rude!

Hml
Level 4
This is all really good advice! supersaleswoman. On offer up and this area imparticular they have a sense of entitlement and want it for free or pennies. I am just glad that most of the items I offer are either donated to me or I get for helping out a friend clean out their closet, garage, storage space. Or I really wouldn't make money at all here in the high desert. : ( However, where I am from I made BANK on antiques and all other items. : )....so i feel lIke all im doing is helping out the poor here. I know everyone likes a deal. But low balling someone is just plain rude!

Hml
Level 4