Help

SOLVED
Highlighted
Level 1
I'm new to this but I have someone that wants my product but I would have to ship it what's the best way to go about that without getting scammed
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Helper
Hey @Jordanm great question I personally never ship. I only sell locally and meet in public place like coffee shops or grocery stores.
Or safe places setup in police station lobby’s sorry to say there’s lot of people trying to scam people these days. I know it’s really sad it’s best to be safe in the long run, I follow my gut feeling and only message through OfferUp messaging system. I Never give out my phone number or email address there’s way to many scammers out there trying to get people’s personal information. Hope this helps you out. 😎

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Helper
Hey @Jordanm great question I personally never ship. I only sell locally and meet in public place like coffee shops or grocery stores.
Or safe places setup in police station lobby’s sorry to say there’s lot of people trying to scam people these days. I know it’s really sad it’s best to be safe in the long run, I follow my gut feeling and only message through OfferUp messaging system. I Never give out my phone number or email address there’s way to many scammers out there trying to get people’s personal information. Hope this helps you out. 😎

View solution in original post

OfferUp employee

Hi @Jordanm@Hotrod is absolutely right. The best way to complete a transaction is to meet in person locally. If the buyer or seller wants to work with you on using a different method, like using other shipping or moving companies, we ask you to report them through the app. More info here and please let us know if you have any other questions!