How Do You Unlink Your Facebook Account?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Level 2

I recently linked my Facebook account, and I don't like the features so far.  I don't like the app notifying me about my FB friends who have joined Offer Up, nor do I like that the app has me automatically following all of my Facebook friends on Offer Up (over 250 people).  So please tell me how to unlink my Facebook.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 6
You can customize things under Settings → 'Platform' → Edit → Turn of platform entirely.

Or dissalows certain aspects by going to Settings → Apps → 'Apps others use'

Also, on mobile browser go to Account Settings (top right) → Apps → 'Logged in with Facebook - OfferUp" → it will say 'sharing with only me — OfferUp' click on the icon→ go all the way down to Remove App

You'll get the following message:

If you remove OfferUp, it will no longer have access to your data and will be removed from your profile, bookmarks, and Apps Page.

Choose Remove, done.
12 REPLIES
Level 6
You can customize things under Settings → 'Platform' → Edit → Turn of platform entirely.

Or dissalows certain aspects by going to Settings → Apps → 'Apps others use'

Also, on mobile browser go to Account Settings (top right) → Apps → 'Logged in with Facebook - OfferUp" → it will say 'sharing with only me — OfferUp' click on the icon→ go all the way down to Remove App

You'll get the following message:

If you remove OfferUp, it will no longer have access to your data and will be removed from your profile, bookmarks, and Apps Page.

Choose Remove, done.
Level 2

This did not work for me.  I don't even see a platform option.  

this wasn't solved wtf?? Come on offerup stop with the bs

Community Manager

@SSFzdFM89l2 any "solutions" to these forum posts and threads are marked by the community, not OfferUp.

If you'd like your Facebook account unlinked, you'll have to reach out to the Customer Care team.

Level 6
You can't unlink financial information due to OU using third party platform. Is this the case with social platforms too?

Maybe use can disconnect allowed apps from Facebook side????

Just curious, OU use AWS or Google cloud services to run their platforms?
Level 6

@Dad_Tired wrote:
Just curious, OU use AWS or Google cloud services to run their platforms?

Amazon AWS

Community Manager

@Lapua is correct Smiley Happy AWS, @Dad_Tired

Fun fact - I used to work at AWS before coming here! Another friend that had left AWS for OfferUp referred me to this job Smiley Happy

Level 6
@Mj_206 that is awesome! I got job offer from Amazon few years back BUT with how expensive to live up in northern Cali there I had to turn offer down.
I don't know how people manage living up there with average income. My hat is off to everyone living above San Diego county!
Level 6
@Mj_206. I clicked on 'my profile' and now my Facebook account is suddenly linked to OfferUp even though I didn't get a warning or confirmation that I was linking to OfferUp. I've had 36 successful transactions but I'm deleting the app and all my listings if I dont get a link in the next 24hrs to unlink Facebook. I've been on here with a zero percent complete profile for almost 4 years and I'm not about to start now. This app isn't trustworthy; to **** with this crap👿