How can I post items from my desktop and from my iPhone?

SOLVED
Level 9

@ Mj_206 I saw your name in new sign ins so if you can help us it will be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Tags (1)

@annaWoods wrote:

Using cellphones is "secondary."  Who would make an app that WON'T work on computers or tablets?!  Who created "offer up?" Some 5-year olds (who can't play past their thumbs)?  50% of your business is missing since ppl cannot get on the site.   Annoying to go thru so much trouble trying to LIST an item for sale, when it is impossible.. but NO 'pop up' message telling you this.   

GET IT RIGHT OFFER UP!

@annaWoods   You can post from ANY DEVICE THAT HAS AN INTERNET BROWSER, Including laptops, pc's, mac's, tablets, phone, etc. This option has been available for at least 3 months (as of this post).

1. Login into Offerup.com (the site...not from the app)
2. Click on the camera icon on the upper-right hand corner of the broswer window. It will prompt you to upload photos (up to 12), and continue with creating your ad.

Level 9

@factsdontcare thanks for helping this young lady out! I'm not that good at this stuff. We don't us computers to **bleep** nails in furniture( yet), so my experience in minimal. Again thanks.

Community Manager

This is something we're working on actually! A small percentage of users are currently testing this experience.

@Mj_206 wrote:

This is something we're working on actually! A small percentage of users are currently testing this experience.

I have helped a a few novice users at a local Starbucks use this desktop posting method back in March.  They were relatively new to the app. None of these users had more than 15 transactions and were having problems with posting, so I just found out by accident by attempting to find an alternate solution.

Level 9

I list from my computer all the time. Don’t need the app on your computer. Go to OfferUp with your browser. Sign in. Need a web cam to take pictures or if you already have it on your computer. Click on the camera on the OfferUp website. A window will open asking you to take a picture or to browse for one you already have. Click the picture you want an follow the screen to post. Hope this helps.

@annaWoods nope

Level 9

@_JJ_  when you click the camera button it will look for your webcam and it will also give you a choice of going to pictures if you already have a picture on your computer. I know because I’m doing it right now from my computer. You must be doing something wrong. I know of no other way of explaining it other than how I said in my post above. Let me know if I can help. Good luck.

Level 9

@factsdontcare   Thank You. You are so right. If they follow your answer they will do good. 

Highlighted
Level 1

@Jones68 wrote:

@_JJ_  when you click the camera button it will look for your webcam and it will also give you a choice of going to pictures if you already have a picture on your computer. I know because I’m doing it right now from my computer. You must be doing something wrong. I know of no other way of explaining it other than how I said in my post above. Let me know if I can help. Good luck.

Maybe its a Linux / Chrome issue.. or that I have no webcam.. but either way, the system simply doesnt allow it in my circumstance.  If I could post a pic I would show you the dialog I get when I click on the camera icon..