How can I post items from my desktop and from my iPhone?

SOLVED
Level 9

You do need a camera. But, you can put pictures on your Linux. Can’t you take pictures with something else then put it on your computer? When it’s on your computer, the app or website and you click the camera it should also give you the choice to look for pictures you have on your computer. It does for me. I’m going to try it now and see what it says. Be back.

Level 9

@_JJ_   Ok. When I touch the photo button or click on it. It says, Take Photo and under that it says Select Photo. I click Select Photo then it lets me look on my computer to get pictures. I even unplugged my webcam to make sure. If your on the web page or using the app, it should say the same. 

Level 9

@Jones68  hey, mine says mirror, mirror on the wall.......

Level 9

@Woodguychris   lol! I’m not going to finish that sentence! LOL!

Level 9

@Jones68 Its out of control, its like it has a mind of its own!

Level 9

Been there done that! @Woodguychris 

Level 9

@Jones68 haven't we all! Some of us more than others!

Highlighted
Level 1

@Jones68 wrote:

You do need a camera. But, you can put pictures on your Linux. Can’t you take pictures with something else then put it on your computer? When it’s on your computer, the app or website and you click the camera it should also give you the choice to look for pictures you have on your computer. It does for me. I’m going to try it now and see what it says. Be back.

Absolutely.. and that is the plan.. I have pictures on my computer to post..  but... (sorry for being a broken record)  the web page puts up a dialog asking me to download the app!   It does not allow anything else..  Obviously this is a problem with the site not being able to recognize the Linux platform correctly.   It doesnt get any simpler than clicking on the camera icon.. Why cant anyone recognize that what I am seeing is real?  I am a software engineer.  I an no newbie.  I am not confused in how to browse for a pic etc..  but the website is not allowing me to get that far.     

Level 9

So sorry. Wasn’t trying to say you didn’t know what your talking about. Let me ask a question. Is there a way to down load another browser? Like Firefox? I don’t have a Linux. I see what your saying. If you can’t download Firefox then I’ll try to get someone who may have a answer or they will be able to put you in the right direction. I’ll try to tag them in now. @Mj_206  Is there away for a Linux system to use OfferUp app? I’m at a loss. Thank you.

Maybe its a Linux / Chrome issue.. or that I have no webcam.. but either way, the system simply doesnt allow it in my circumstance.  If I could post a pic I would show you the dialog I get when I click on the camera icon..   

@mscroggi  ... If you @Mj_206 ' s  post within this thread, it clearly states that NOT all users have the ability to post from a broswer.  It's still on a soft launch.  It seems that many newer users do not this option..yet.