How can I post items from my desktop and from my iPhone?

SOLVED
Level 3

@factsdontcare wrote:

@nate0 wrote:

However not being able to edit a posted item from any platform was my biggest gripe and still is...

The ability to edit from  any platform has been around for over a year or longer (from what others have stated...search the forums). I am rather new to the app.

Many have complained as to why the the "desktop mode" has been in the testing phase for so long (almost a year now or longer). My only guess is that if there is major shift from mobile to desktop mode usage, then the level and amount of user metadata aggregation/collection will decrease. Mobile apps are more invasive and companies can obtain more user information from it, compared to the traditional website.

I am not cetain if this feature is limited to specific accounts or users, but I have never been able to edit a post. Only archive it from a desktop OS.  You are partially Correct in your latter statement.  Additionally my understanding is that the creators/founders/developers did not want this to just be another "ebay" site, thus competing directly with them etc.  So in my own wisdom I believe the only way they could do that in the long term was to start the service the way it was first launched and have slowly integrated features over time.  They might have been able to add every feature under the sun from the beggining, but those things come at a price not only to the service/creators but also to users.

Ebay is the worst place to sell anything from my perspective, but look how long they have been around. You mostly see established sellers on there.  Great place for buyers though Smiley Wink

Level 1

This solution does not work for me. When I click the camera all I get is the window for the app. Clicking it closed does not work either. I have some items that I would like to sell, but I would like to on my laptop. Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong?

Level 3

@Deltagirl wrote:

This solution does not work for me. When I click the camera all I get is the window for the app. Clicking it closed does not work either. I have some items that I would like to sell, but I would like to on my laptop. Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong?

As mentioned in the forums...this is not available for every user and every account. Apparently it is live for certain users.  Would be nice if there was an official statement or page where they provide standaridzed updates/change logs/future improvements or beta program sign up etc...fyi it was mentioned on page 11 on this thread.

Level 1

I just clicked on the Accepted Solution (did not mention it was only for some) and did not read the whole thread. That's to bad. I was hoping to add OfferUp to my selling platforms. Working on a phone is just not convenient. Thanks for the quick response, and now I have to find out how to cancel my account.

Level 3

@Deltagirl wrote:

I just clicked on the Accepted Solution (did not mention it was only for some) and did not read the whole thread. That's to bad. I was hoping to add OfferUp to my selling platforms. Working on a phone is just not convenient. Thanks for the quick response, and now I have to find out how to cancel my account.

Yes. It is misleading because the thread has not been updated by a user with moderation privelages.  The solution works but with a caveat Smiley Wink.

I have been an offerup member since 2016 and have not seen the feature to post or edit an item from a browser. Even a mobile platform browser...only the provided android or ios app.  Instead of closing my account I have continued to wait for 3 years...

Level 4

@Deltagirl  ~ don't leave so quickly! Working from one's desktop is not "only for some", but rather is being TESTED by some. When all the "kinks" are worked out, then I'm pretty sure everyone will have the capability to work from their desktop. Can you imagine the chaos if "bugs" were being found in the new desktop format, and hundreds of complaints were being sent? Instead, it appears that the OfferUp gang has chosen to just have it tested by some members. THEN--when it is fabulously ready for everyone -- it will become available. If you LEAVE, then you will miss knowing how terrific it can be. Besides, we'd miss you! Smiley Wink

OfferUp told me that the newest version of their app willnot work on my device. . They told methat I could use their website to post items.. yet, when I try, by pressing the camera icon.. they want me to enter my email address sothey can srnd me a link to their app.. Plain **bleep** stupid!!! I'm going arpund in circles. . NO!! You cannot use their website unless you have their app installed onyour device.  Thanks, OfferUp, but your stupid updated version doesn’t work on my device and you know that, because I told you idiots! 

I can't even make a reply stick.. this is extremely frustrating! 

I have read two years worth of frustrating comments from people that are having the same problem that I am having.  I want to use my laptop to sell.  If I click on the camera, then I am prompted to download the app on my phone.   I already have the OfferUp app on my phone, but I want to use my laptop.  I don't know what an emulator is, or what Bluestacks is, nor do I want to learn what they are.  There are plenty of other resources for buying and selling online.  I am moving on to those resources, and encourage the same for others who are having similar problems.  Cut the bad mouthing and move on to systems that work for you.

Neighbor

When I do that it directs me to download the app