How do I cancel payment hold made with credit card if I paid cash in person

SOLVED
Level 1

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 1
It gets canceled by offer up after a few days.
But the money is tied up until then.. once the sale is canceled they credit the same card back for the full amount. I won’t be using that feature for local buying.. it was annoying to pay cash and still have the same amount taken out of my account for days.. you have no way to say you paid in person or they should give the seller the option to click a link that says you paid in person and to release the hold immediately. Hopefully offer up figures out a better system for this type of situation.
4 REPLIES 4
Level 1
What did you end up doing? I just did this as well. I held an item and then paid cash in person. How do I cancel the hold now that’s attached to my card?

@Koboyle84 

By default, after 6 days of setting the hold, if the funds were not used, OfferUp automatically initiates the refund process. It will take 5-10 business days.

You can also make contact with customer service (refer to below link), but I doubt that it will expedite the process.

https://offerup.com/support/new/

Level 1
It gets canceled by offer up after a few days.
But the money is tied up until then.. once the sale is canceled they credit the same card back for the full amount. I won’t be using that feature for local buying.. it was annoying to pay cash and still have the same amount taken out of my account for days.. you have no way to say you paid in person or they should give the seller the option to click a link that says you paid in person and to release the hold immediately. Hopefully offer up figures out a better system for this type of situation.
Highlighted
Community Helper
Appreciate your follow-up to the og post @Jess1111!

Have not tried the "Hold for Pickup" option as yet, but am liking your suggestion to be able to click a link if you paid cash, to release your held funds. How long did it take for your held funds to be released? I would actually prefer to be able to hold an item and pay cash upon meet-up.