How do u recognize a unsafe buyer before meet up and what precautions is taken ?

SOLVED
Level 2

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 6
If someone makes me uncomfortable during messaging on the app, I report and block them, effectively stopping them from making a meeting. So report and block them if they threaten or make you uncomfortable.
9 REPLIES
Highlighted
Level 6
If someone makes me uncomfortable during messaging on the app, I report and block them, effectively stopping them from making a meeting. So report and block them if they threaten or make you uncomfortable.
Level 2
I totally agree once you recognize the content of the conversation then it’s instant block and report without any time wasted great solution Aiden
Community Manager

Totally agree with both of you! Welcome to the community, @Xklusive

Level 2
Aww 🥰 thank you for the warm welcome @Mj_206
Community Manager

Of course, @Xklusive! Check out this post as well! It will give you a little breakdown of people to avoid. Oh! And this one to become a pro at these forums

Hope to see you around Smiley Very Happy

Level 6
They ouright refuse to meet you where you feel comfortable and safe.

Typically thieves will not meet you in a populated area and may ask that you go elsewhere.

In a parking lot far away from customers, cameras and streets for example.

Bring a friend with you to the location if possible.

Don't let your need for money or an item blind you against reason either, do not meet people super late.

Someone I know got robbed out of 3,000 a couple weeks back.

The seller asked them to meet in an empty parking lot at 1130p to buy / test a car.

Setting up near or at a police station is always advised for bigger transactions.

If you are unable to meet during the day that's unfortunate.

My advice in that case is to ask someone you trust to make the deal for you or use the shipping feature if the item is small enough.
Level 2
Love love this response 9 times out of 10 these malicious buyers will prefer anywhere out of the proximity of any sort of traffic . If there was a heart Icon instead of a thumbs up you’ll be getting it @goblin
Community Manager

Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart 

Level 6
🙂 happy to hear it, hopefully it helps others