How do you deal with people not legitimately trying to sell their product?

SOLVED
Level 1
I went to meet the people that were selling a red van at the tag office where they decided to me and they never showed up with one excuse after another.
Went to buy another van actually offered them more than they were asking for my $200 for them to deliver, they stalled and stalled and now never showed up now I have the composting toilet on its way to me and no van to put it in! And when I report them I have kept an eye out and they have not been removed from the forums so what's the deal are we being protected or not?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hey there, @Sandraameri! I'd recommend continuing to find a serious seller who has the type of van you're looking for. Sometimes, community members may change their mind and not actually want to sell their item, or they forgot to mark it as sold already. There are tons of other sellers to choose from when trying to find the perfect item!

8 REPLIES 8
Level 1
:-(
Level 1
:-( van / (ned) was being sold for 1300. Offered $1500. Still no dice! Scammers. Should I just try Craig's list?
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hey there, @Sandraameri! I'd recommend continuing to find a serious seller who has the type of van you're looking for. Sometimes, community members may change their mind and not actually want to sell their item, or they forgot to mark it as sold already. There are tons of other sellers to choose from when trying to find the perfect item!

Level 1
I am glad for the solution but still believe since the person didn't show up 2 days ago and the item shows sold just today then if there scam artist they should be blocked
Level 9
There is a block / report option on each users profile.

They are more flakers than they are scammers, still bad though.
Level 1
To make a long story short tomorrow I find locksmith for said vehicle! Can't get in or lock¡
Wayyyy to many flakes, just like to waste peoples time and gas if actually drove to meet site and they was a no show. They should be kicked off after so many!
Level 3
I would keep reporting them.