How do you handle lowballers?

SOLVED
Twilight Zone / Rod Serling country
Level 1
i agree with you to the fullest
Community Helper
@coronapug--Hello and welcome to the OfferUp Community Forums!! I hope you continue to share your insight & positivity with others!! Thank you so much!!
Community Helper
@Jane_Morris--Hello & welcome to the OfferUp Community Forums!! I hope you have a great time interacting with others, & providing insight!! Welcome!!
Level 1
I recently had one who not only wanted my item for half price she also stated she couldn’t pick it up , used her claim of having a disabled child as an excuse to then insult me & my item when I wouldn’t agree to her offer. My solution : I told her to go to Goodwill & had her blocked. A week prior I had another person interested in the same item but she would take days between responses so I refused her ( if she can’t respond online she may also leave me waiting or no show at pick up) I truly suspect she put the second “ buyer” up to harassing me since it was the same item & they were from the same general areas. I blocked them both. If it continues I will report again until hopefully OfferUp suspends their accounts. I’m here to sell not to get into nasty conflicts like high school kids.
Level 1
I’m not rude unless someone gets rude to me first. I just had someone not only lowball but she then proceeded to insult me & my item after I politely refused her offer ( she wanted half price) I don’t mind giving a discount but to ask for half price right off is a bit much and insulting without her added insults. I might end up lowering the price in time who knows , but I refuse to be kind to mean people. I told her to go to Goodwill where she might better afford things.
Community Helper
@Katwoman0108--Hello & welcome to the OfferUp Community Forums!! Along the way there are many great people, & you might run into those who give a super low offer, become rude, etc. in that case you can report them, block them from further contacting you, & move on. Then, before you know it, the right buyer will come along. Welcome!!
Highlighted
Level 5

I have a golf cart listed for $1775.

Someone offered me $1000 and I told him I would accept that as a down payment.

He didn't appreciate that.

That is hilarious! GOOD ON YA!
Level 9

@RenoHolland  That was a great comeback. Just wondering what was his reply after that’s? You made a good move.